If You Were In Charge Of Wolfquest...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: If You Were In Charge Of Wolfquest...

Post by Koa » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:39 pm

_Denali_ wrote:Well, I would do the same thing as Silvywolfy, as well as make some major changes to the chat filters, wolf controls, and forums. By forum changes, I mean allowing actual WolfQuest screenshots to be posted in the correct forum; not just links or descriptions. That way, photo-sharing sites, which many users do and DON'T use, will not be required.

That would then require attachments to be allowed. IMG bbcode was removed because people abused it, so they'd probably end up abusing attachments as well because its still easy visual access. Attachments generally are limited to moderators, but for a screenshot form where many people want to share their screenshots or have multiple screenshots to share, doesn't seem plausible.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes, although this thread is somewhat for imagination, right? :3

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Let's see...if I was captain of the WolfQuest ship? Well, the first thing I'd do is get funds and awareness up. That would be done with major fundraisers, WolfQuest exhibitions at the MN Zoo, brochures, posters, custom WolfQuest merch at the zoo, etc. Then I'd appoint all of you my co-captains because you're all amazing. And then I'd tinker with the MP chat filters to make them slightly less hard to deal with, but not to the point where I'd defeat their purpose. And then I'd e-mail the NSF begging on my knees for another grant. And then after that, I don't know what I'd do.
You walk like a storm, and I will follow.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

ZippyWizard wrote:Let's see...if I was captain of the WolfQuest ship? Well, the first thing I'd do is get funds and awareness up. That would be done with major fundraisers, WolfQuest exhibitions at the MN Zoo, brochures, posters, custom WolfQuest merch at the zoo, etc. Then I'd appoint all of you my co-captains because you're all amazing. And then I'd tinker with the MP chat filters to make them slightly less hard to deal with, but not to the point where I'd defeat their purpose. And then I'd e-mail the NSF begging on my knees for another grant. And then after that, I don't know what I'd do.
I would also raise funds and awareness, or try my best to. And as for the chat-filter thing, I totally agree! Annoying filters (and rulebreakers that caused the need for a filter) :evil:

caninesrock
Pup
Pup

Post by caninesrock » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:30 pm

If I was in charge of Wolf Quest, I would have made it have:
In muliplayer:
-Free chat with very limited filter. Only censors out curse words and other really bad or inappropiate words like that.

-Actually mmo. You don't have to make a private or public game room where you can only have like 5 people at a time. Any number of players can be out in the game world at one time making different packs.

-You can claim your own territory in multiplayer and there's PVP(player versus player) where you can fight other users to defend your territory.If it's PVP over territory, the game automatically will kick you out of your territory and say you lost it if the other person's wolf kills you first. If this happens, you and your pack have to look for new territory. It's automatic to prevent controversy over who won a fight or not. You could also mark your own territory in multiplayer.

-You can hunt with and make a pack with other players by sending a request asking them to join your pack, which will be kind of like a guild in mainstream mmorpgs except it's a "pack" because it's wolf-themed.

-You can mate in multiplayer,but it doesn't show anything except for your wolf and the other wolf licking each other's lips for like 2 seconds. There will be an option to request if you can mate with someone's character or not and they will get a message that pops up where they can either accept or deny the request. They have to be on your friends list and part of your pack though for mating to be enabled to prevent wierdos from walking around and asking everyone to mate with them. Mating always produces puppies which you and your partner have to take care of and defend from dangers.

General(Things in Both Multiplayer and Single Player)
-Some of the things you could hunt would be moose,white-tailed deer, and caribou in addition to the elk that are already in the game.

-The dangers for you and your pups would include: both ground and airplane human hunters who are sometimes accompanied by hunting dogs that might pose an extra danger to you and cougars along with the grizzly bears,hawks and coyotes that are already in the game.

-The puppies would eventually grow up and become part of your pack and help you hunt.

-The game would go through all 4 seasons of the year.

Single Player Only:
The only thing I can think of to change for Single Player specifically, is being able to have a bigger pack by inviting disperal wolves into your pack and then being able to hunt as a pack and the stuff mentioned above under "General" that would be cool to have in both multiplayer and single player.

Also, this may have been cool as well but I'm not sure since it is called Wolf Quest and not Coyote Quest:
-You'd be able to play as coyotes too.
-For coyotes you'd be able to hunt the rabbits,but there would also be things like mice,rats, and voles added that you could hunt. You could also scavenge off of the disgarded carcasses left by the wolves and grizzlies.

-The coyotes would have to look out for wolves that might kill them in Single Player. In multiplayer, wolf players could kill coyote players, so the coyote players would have to look out for them.

-Coyotes could also have mates and pups in both multiplayer and singleplayer. Multiplayer work the same way as above for wolves.

-Coyote players could also make packs and claim and defend territory from other coyotes in the same way wolf players can make packs in multiplayer.

-A coyote pack could live in a wolf pack territory. A coyote pack just couldn't live in another coyote pack's territory.

Amber Blyledge
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Amber Blyledge » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 pm

Well, let's see...
I would add more coat colors and make the size diffrent from the strength, it would still be influenced with a bit heaver Wolf, but you could have a tall wolf with out being slow or run out of stamina.
I would add a few hunters, you would be able to see them before they saw you though, you could kill them, but then you would be hunted more. There would be 5 in a game and when you killed one they would start moveing twords you slowly, and you could see them on the map, another hunter would appear soon after so you are back to 5 and they stop moveing. If you kill 4 of them, the 5th one will be moveing at the speed of a running wolf, and they could see you farther. If you get them all they won't respawn and there will be no more threat from them. they wold have a white smell trail and you could be killed by them if you are not careful.
I would make it so that when you pressed Z insted of laying on your belly wou would lay on your side.
I would make it so that you could have a mate and pups in MP, your mate and pups would not be another player though, you would go through the same things as finding a mate in SP.
I would also make another episode.
:D
I am from a planet called Gallifrey.
I am 271 years old.
I am a alien
I have two hearts.
I am a Time Lord.
Also known as Gallifreyans.
I have a TARDIS named Wolf.

pitbull234
Pup
Pup

Post by pitbull234 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Well i wouldn't really change anything because the WQ people made it so well and i think they did everything they could but the only thing i would change is that instead of only five people in a chat have like ten. Because the packs online want to get bigger and bigger but they can't
─────── ʂiɭɛŋçɛɗ ───────
ահilε էհε հսოձռ ձяε ʂiɭɛŋçɛɗ
էհε թձƈĸ ƈձռ թεձĸ օսէ
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=71176
sig- savoury muffin

WildStormWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WildStormWolf » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:44 am

Well if I were in charge from where it all begun...

I would of made single player and so many hours of multiplayer free, so people still get to learn about wolves from SP (all the eps) and get to make a few friends on MP. Try to get some more good players to be undercover mods. Make servers that are always open and maybe add a save game names box. Have very quick access to the website somehow so you could friend people at ease. But to get more time on MP they would have to donate at least 1$. Maybe host a fan made trailer contest to keep people busy and not bored. And when WQ had enough funds, I would add another ep, with things that include...

-Pups grown up
-2 more pelt colors
-Unlockable pelts
-Growl, snarl and submit controls for MP
-If everyone sleeps at once the time of day changes in MP
-Better filter
-Teaching pups to hunt and fight

But if I was in charge of right now, I would team up with a few more people, accept a few donations to the zoo and wolfquest itself. But everything else, I would have no idea. Maybe some fundraisers?

If wolquest was doing really good, I'd make more animal game, but I'll save those ideas for another day ;)
IT'S NOT WHETHER YOU FALL DOWN
IT'S WHETHER YOU GET BACK UP

alebrije
Yearling
Yearling

Post by alebrije » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:09 pm

I'd want to change the forum itself. First, I'd like to delete old things that have been abandoned so it's not so crowded. Like a clean up. Better smileys, of course, and a better font color selection. Perhaps a font style selector? I think that'd be cool.

pyrate
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by pyrate » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Anyone to put me in charge of a website like this must have suffered from a recent head trauma. :n If I was in charge, I'd probably run some events to raise money for some new forum editions and such.

SnowCoveredPaws
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: In my house, locked in my bedroom waiting for you stalkers

Post by SnowCoveredPaws » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:39 am

I would make the following changes to WolfQuest:
Single player:
• Ability to make the secret den your den
• More time in the cattle ranch! Instead of only getting approx. 1 minute, you should get about five minutes, because one minute is unrealistically fast. If you are a wolf sneaking around at night, people will not notice you in 1 minute.
• If you alert 3 cows in the cattle ranch the dogs will start barking
• Less grizzly bears. They're so annoying!
• Less experience required to have a white pup if your pelt is white
• Normal view angle in the cattle ranch. The angle seems to throw people and get them shot

Multi-player
• Cattle ranch in multi-player
• Stranger wolves and wolf territories in multi-player
• Ability to establish a territory
• More players allowed on one server
• No more fake meat. If the meat is not there, there should not be a scent.

Single Player and Multi-player
• Another hunting territory in AM (two never seems to be enough)
• Plumes of orange scent coming off hare carcasses (why not?)
• A summer episode
• More prey animals, including mice, bison, and deer
• More misc animals, like a species of bird besides a common raven.

Forums
• Wolf smilies
Last edited by SnowCoveredPaws on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying in the sky, stalking you with every pawstep...
Black against the
atmosphere, watching you...
I am the Common
Raven, and you barely notice I'm there......
Too
busy hunting your elk?
Then I will come at
night.......

My Throne Above

Post by My Throne Above » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:13 am

• If I was in charge of Wolfquest....

In game -
    • Pup pelts that are realistic to the parents color, so white wolves had white pups, black wolves had black pups ect
    • I'd branch off with episodes to look at other sub-species of wolves around the world
    • More interactions on Multiplayer to stimulate fights and greetings ect
    • More animals like bison
    • Find more funding, if the game quality was upped and it was available to buy on a disk to upload you'd minimise downloading problems and people would be willing to pay for the quality which would thus provide more funding for further improvement
    • Unlockable content

On the forum -
    • A plan to keep the community going in the future
    • I'd change it so that there wasn't a size difference between font that is in colour and that that is in the default style
    • Change the default font colour to white, it would look much more neater.
    • The option for users to disable smilies in their own posts. This wasn't here, you never saw it.
Last edited by My Throne Above on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

pyrate
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by pyrate » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:07 pm

SnowCoveredPaws wrote: Forums
• Wolf smilies
• Roleplay should be allowed
I just wanted to point out that roleplay is allowed, but only on a certain topic. Here is the link for that roleplay topic: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68437 .

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Also,
Savoury Muffin wrote:
  • On the forum -
    • The option for users to disable smilies in their own posts.
    [/color][/size]
Check the Options at the bottom of the reply box. Also, "Edit posting defaults" under Board preferences in the UCP.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

My Throne Above

Post by My Throne Above » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:27 am

Hidden Phoenix wrote:
Check the Options at the bottom of the reply box. Also, "Edit posting defaults" under Board preferences in the UCP.
  • ^^ Oh derp, metal block facepalm fail. Thanks for pointing that out hidden :p

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”