Why do you still play WolfQuest?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Sintact

Why do you still play WolfQuest?

Post by Sintact » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:21 pm

This discussion has bounced in my mind for quite some time now; so I will present it to all of you. Since most of our old users are growing up and they are acquiring new interests and things to do; places like WolfQuest or other online games are losing “popularity” or a general lack of interest from the audience.

Could it be just a matter that WolfQuest is no longer fun to you, or just a lack of things to do around? What are your reasons of staying here, or staying in other virtual communities/games?

Other related topics: ** Topic merged into "Why do you play WolfQuest?"
Last edited by valkea on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merging threads, changing title to be more accurate
Former WolfQuest Moderator
May '09 User of the Month

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Why do you play WolfQuest?

Post by Koa » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:24 pm

With the ongoing discussion of lack of activity and interest within the past few months (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65855), it's important for us all to reflect back on not how we play WolfQuest or what we do on the game and the forums, but why we do these things. Perhaps this will offer some food for thought with user commenting in terms of the (a audience WolfQuest attracts (b what keeps the people who are still here from leaving and (c what people can do to get people to stay. [Granted, we all will have to leave at some point and no site lasts forever. But what can we do for its longevity?] If this topic helps with that and helps users understand the situation better, great.

This topic is not "what" you like about WolfQuest... so please keep that in mind. You can say the things about WolfQuest that you like but elaborate on WHY they make you still play the game and then move on to the main reason(s) about why you play WolfQuest.

I'm sure there's been a few of these topics about, but given that things have changed it would be wise to start anew.

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Re: Why do you play WolfQuest?

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:16 pm

I dont actually play WolfQuest Game Only my Friends But i just report ^^
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:06 pm

WolvesOfTheSeas wrote:I dont actually play WolfQuest Game Only my Friends But i just report ^^
"Why" isn't just restricted to the game. The point of this topic is to state why you are here. why you play WolfQuest, etc. What attracts you to WolfQuest will help you answer "why" you are involved with the forums/games, and so on as a tip.

sSilvers
Yearling
Yearling

Post by sSilvers » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:05 pm

I don't acually "play" WolfQuest, but I go on the forums to help people expand their knowlege about wolves and/or nature and wildlife. I've tried many different sites to help people learn, and none of them were more succesful that WolfQuest. I've stuck around, and found many people have been asking questions and disappearing- which I sometimes admire. They trusted WolfQuest to give them correct information. I am attracted to WolfQuest because even though we are lacking some activity, we are close knit like a family. It's not all about the forums or the game, or what you post to me. It's all about the encouraging members and people that inspire a community- a family.
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Lithium, proud to be a Kuangalia of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../....//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816
/////////////////////////////////////Icon By Kivia

SkyWolf55
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SkyWolf55 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Because I really love wolves and hope to build a wolf sanctuary when I'm older plus this game is the funnest ^-^
...(¨*.¸´.¸Soul Mountain Clan¸.´¸.*¨) SilverSky╰☆╮
.....Soul Mountain Pack:SilverSky,BlackFur
............Frozen Lake Pack:IceBlade
........Lightning Fire Field Pack:FireEyes
.....Dark Shadow Forest Pack:NightHunter
...Great Northern Winds Pack:HawkFeathers
.Avatars DO NOT belong to me!We did edit them to look like our wolves though.

Garion1

Post by Garion1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:50 am

I came to wolfquest because i wanted to know more about the wolves that i had come to like very much. With my knowledge still growing on that subject, this is a good thread to consider why i am still here on WolfQuest, I think i continue to play Wolfquest and browse the forums because of the people here. We have such a wide variety of attitudes and beliefs that just intrigue me. I have made so many good friends in my packs and just browsing the forums and game, that leaving seems impossible.

So i guess i play for the people that play with me. Hope that makes sense and it was on subject.
I am a woman and I reserve the right to be inconsistent!

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Re: Your reason(s) of staying.

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:50 am

So if I can put a comment here it be ok? or you can always move it to another thread if needed.

My opinion)s) I've joined WQ back in '09, and I was always up for the game, came around the community of last year or so and well my activity sort of dropped. For me, it's not just that it isn't as fun any more, it depends on my schedule in the outside world and my focuses are driving me towards school now, and since I'm growing up, my folks are allowing me to focus on my studies and leave the gaming behind for now. ut as for now I'm more active on the forums than I was for the game itself, yes it was fun while it lasted but I find more people I don't usually see. I'll always come around here and there, but I think the big problem of why sites are not as populated, there are games like Halo and CoD and WoW that teens and especially young adults play.
Last edited by Floofysaur on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Koroda
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Koroda » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Well, I kind of left the forums for a while. I "discovered" Minecraft and WolfQuest didn't seem as fun anymore. However, I kept thinking, I kind of miss Wolfquest. And a few weeks later, I decided to come back. I won't be as active as before, but I'll be back. I really want to stay on Wolfquest because it can be fun, and it is the game that led me to like MMORPGs.
I am Koroda,
A coelacanth fish.
While you humans die,
I'll still be here....

firawolf
Pup
Pup

Post by firawolf » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:56 am

well i believe they leave is because well wolf quest gets boring if you just play single player and there is nothing new to do its just make a pack take care move done i know you don't have a lot of funding but it needs more uhmf you know like maybe you have to fight a hawk of or you can maybe do more attacks fighting a wolf or maybe even get to have a number of pups you can have one to six anyway to get to the point people need new things to keep them interested
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Fal, proud to be a Lead Qwazi of the African Stars Pride

DeFender
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DeFender » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:11 am

I stay cause I find interest in what people say on the forums. Also, with all the moderators and young people, I don't have to worry about something insane happening. I would play on multi-player, if I could assess it. (Last time I was able to connect to multi-player was 2009.)
Sleep is very important. Without it, we can't think straight. If you think you're normal without any sleep, be careful.

Siberian Husky
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Siberian Husky » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:59 am

I'm staying because of all of my fond memories on WQ's forums. I really miss late 2007 to early 2009, were I used to spend all of my time here on the forums with the other regulars. I wish more of those people were still around, because I miss them a lot.
Siberian Husky - シベリアンハスキー

Praise the Sun!

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:51 pm

I have tried to leave... Many times but I am always driven back to here because I had spent so much time here that I do not know what to do. I have many friends here and a pack that relies on me. I truely do not want to leave on a friend. I also stayed because the forums are becoming more fun and deserves some more attenion,
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:28 am

Eh, I mainly found WolfQuest and decided to look around the site for more basic information on wolves and about Yellowstone itself. I'm in love with wolves <33 I love their nature and how they are adaptive to any type of place they reside in. When I started here I always played the game, and I still enjoy it today.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Edme1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 pm

WolfQuest is like my dream game: You get to control your wolf, hunt elk, and care for pups. The forums are also very nice to share ideas and information. I can never get bored with WolfQuest or the forums.
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”