Remember When...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Emiere
Pup
Pup

Re: Remembering WQ past times!

Post by Emiere » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:15 pm

• Fair point, Tonbei. I can see how there would be no room to "debate" in most forums anyway, considering how a large chunk of the boards are based on research, and ya know, proven fact gives no room to challenge.

I think, also, many people nowadays seem to misinterpret debating for arguing. Seeing how hard it is to convey tone or expression over the internet, many people assume that challenging another's opinions is arguing, when in reality nothing rude or slanderous is being exchanged. Perhaps, seeing how little drama occurs here [as far as I'm concerned, anyway], the rare debate that does spring up is immediately labeled as arguing due to how restricted peoples opinions seem to be on here?

Anyway, enough with my beating a dead horse.
olay -> emiere

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Ah, I fully agree with you on the debates. I miss the harmless debates that would occasionally go on. But yeah, as you said, debating is seen as arguing for most people of the forums, so those posts are reported and usually trashed now.

I was also thinking of the time when I first heard of WolfQuest. I played the game several months before I got an account. Ah, good times. I got like 10 mates cause I never saw one of them again after a day, so I would just look for another one. Yes, I was a mate noob back then. Most of us were <3

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:59 pm

• Yeah, I dabbled with mates too :P . They never met my expectations! But I also remember trying to organzie hardcore elk hunts so that the strongest wolves hit last, and the fastest went first. But nobody would listen XD. And most would freak when I so much as mentioned hunting, for fear that thier servers would crash. I couldn't ever host my own games :roll: .

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:19 pm

I remember when I played multiplayer at least every day and was the resident-bear killer under my old username (which I changed under this account). It was fun - met a ton of people that all thought they were amazing in the realm of roleplay. Tried to impersonate one of those folks as well one day. (And alas, everyone did - it was as much of a trend as the Blackbloods are nowadays) That was quite a fancy day. I won't go into details, though. (-:

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:34 pm

I remembered when I first joined at the beginning of 2011. I was wolfluver18. I never really heard of the forums until May. But I remember being a mate noob and having a mate every day. I also remembered a few of my friends in MP that I wish to contact again one day. It makes me kinda upset. Though, in March, I had a new account, JayMist. I quit playing the game once I founded the forum. Started my wolf pack that June and it is still alive today.

My parents hate me here because they think it is stupid that I have friends across the globe. But I keep repeating the same thing. "It doesnt matter where you are, we are joined paw and paw in the love of wolves." They say that I never met this person before and it doesn't matter. But it kinda does.

I have tried to leave Wolfquest numerous times, but it is so impossible to do so. I keep trying but failed anyways. So, I never left. I think there has been only 5 days total in 1 year that I was not online for more than 30 minutes.
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 pm

I remember there was a user called Justine back in the day who was pretty active, but then left because he suddenly felt "uncomfortable" talking to online friends because he didn't know us in RL. It was a bit odd because he had 600+ posts when he left and had even become a newbie teacher, but for some reason WQ just started to bother him without warning.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 pm

One of the things that happened to the debates is that many of the topics ended up being closed because they broke the rules in a certain way and the moderators prefer to lock the thread instead of correct individual users and encourage discussion. The other thing is that people tend to mess different points of view with “that already has been said before." As I've said, an idea will never be the same if the words come from a different person (even though the point the person is proposing is quite alike from the other).

The Community was powered up by discussions and constructive criticism back them; I guess it’s just a global thing that needed to occur in any moment the fact that doesn’t happens any longer (at least not how it used to be).

I know there are still users that appreciate a debate rather than a “discussion” or “arguing”; these terms get easily confused.

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 pm

They say that I never met this person before and it doesn't matter.
That's exactly what my parents say. What hurts even more is that they think I'll become "Socially whale" because I spend more time with you guys then with friends in real life. They force me to play with children my age. And I hate it because they are all immature and childish, which I guess you would expect from a child, but I want to be mature, and I want to be with older, more mature people.

Which is basically, all of you. Thank you for being actual friends who understand.

sSilvers
Yearling
Yearling

Post by sSilvers » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:08 pm

My parents always say "Be careful! Your "friends" are nothing but scams." But I disagree. Friends are people who make YOU feel good- no matter where you are. But alas, WolfQuest used to be a family of friends, and now everyone is trying to bypass the filter and MP has become almost like a nightmare to some people. People on MP are getting rude and selfish. But yet I still play the game by my self because minusing everything that people say/do everything else, the game is family friendly and a great success. I hope WolfQuest continues to grow!

Long story short, WQ was less strict and people were so much nicer in-game. (: I viewed the forum since 2008 before joining- and from 2010 +, to me the forums hasnt really changed.
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Lithium, proud to be a Kuangalia of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../....//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816
/////////////////////////////////////Icon By Kivia

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Friends are people who make YOU feel good- no matter where you are.

Exactly. Some people can't understand that, so I just don't try to explain anymore, midas well explain it to a tree.

I remember going to multiplayer and I used to have some really awesome friends, we would hunt and play and have crazy (and very unrealistic) roleplays. I haven't seen them in a long time though...

Wolph
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wolph » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:13 pm

I remember the old OTT board. It was so much fun to see what somebody posted next!

I also remember multiplayer being a lot more "fun" than it is now. Back when I first joined in 2009 there were more diverse characters to roleplay with in multiplayer, unlike the vast majority of people today seeking mates or centering the game on melodramatics. Granted, the games weren't as clean, they were a lot more fun. Things weren't as strict and there was a lot more activity.

I also remember the front page getting hacked. My failed attempts at starting my share of packs. The infancy of the first pack I ever stuck with and how much fun it was to help build.

But, the foremost thing I remember looking back is when I first played the game. The moment I moved my wolf I got lost trying to find the Slough pack, and little did I realize there was a map. The game just seemed so much bigger. Yet, once I found the map and really started to play it gradually grew smaller, and now it takes one a minute to run from one end to the other. I also remember not knowing how to run but still being able to hunt the elk at steady trot. I'm really bummed at how much stronger the elk are, even the weakest really takes a toll on health. Before the new version you could do a massacre with one wolf, a near impossible feat now.

There are many things I remember that I could probably sit here and write a short novel of them.
╚╗Military╔╝
Olympics Team USA
_____ ѦԌѦТЄ CRЄЄҠ PѦCҠ
______________♠ gυαя∂ιαη ♠
2010 мαя¢н υѕєя σf тнє мσитн
Know as ✦ αямуωσℓf (αяму) ✦ and ♠ ωσℓρн ♠
Avatar © me - coloradospirit13.deviantart.com

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 pm

• Seeing your username again Wolph sure brings back memories of PC! Especially of the Agate Creek Pack. It was a beautifully designed pack, but also one I never had the privilege of joining. Too bad!

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:18 am

I remember when 'miss' and 'mister' were still allowed in the filter for the lexicon chat of Multiplayer.

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Pelican wrote:I remember when 'miss' and 'mister' were still allowed in the filter for the lexicon chat of Multiplayer.
Haha yeah.

Just recently, I thought "Hm. I've only been on here for two years. That's not that long." and then I realized, "Wait a minute... when I first joined Wolfquest, I was able to type the words male and female... I feel old."

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:03 pm

• You could say the concept of 'old times' varies between users!

If this forum is still kickin' in ten years, imagine the collection or memories and events that will exist! I would imagine that WQ would be different from what it is now, just as present-day WQ is different from the WQ of 5 years ago. It's evolving XD!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”