Remember When...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Miku Hatsune
Pup
Pup

Re: Remembering WQ past times!

Post by Miku Hatsune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:52 am

Seeing as I joined only a couple of months a go, this might sound crazy. In fact, you might even doubt the truthfulness of this message. That's okay. I know it's true.

Before I made my first account, I lurked around here often. Reading the crazy posts on the OTT. Laughing so hard I would get funny looks. I never really belonged at school or anything, and I had never experienced this feeling. The feeling of belonging, even though I wasn't even involved. I felt like those crazy people posting a mile a minute were my friends.

I eventually made an account but never really... communicated. My self esteem was always low during that time and I felt as if I would be shunned by everybody. Actually, I DID feel like that, but that's only because I never stood up. That is one of the lessons WolfQuest has taught me. Eventually I got along with people, joined a few packs, you know. I never really... belonged. I was an awkward, tame little 10 year old at the time. I never thought I would make any friends.

This went on for a while, but I started talking and eventually started to make some friends. I felt like they were the only company I had, even though the majority of my messages to people were "Hey." and "How are you today?" They were void, empty, really, but they were the best I could do. I always got friendly responses and laughs...

So yeah. Stupid story, but I'm not a stupid tame 10 year old. Woo-hoo. Sorry for the random empty inspirational message.
ι тσσк α киιfє αи∂ ¢υт συт нєя єує
ι тσσк ιт нσмє αи∂ ωαт¢нє∂ ιт
ωιтнєя αи∂ ∂ιє
ѕнє'ѕ ℓυ¢ку тнαт ι ∂ι∂и'т ѕℓιρ нєя α ѕмιℓє
иσw ѕнє ѕℓєєρѕ ωιтн єує σρєи
тнαтѕ тнє ρяι¢є ѕнє ραι∂...
icon by jewelz

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 am

I remember when the Multiplayer games weren't an abusive place and Cana didn't have to censor every other word in the English Dictionary.

But what I miss most is the OTT and the sense of community here. Now, there isn't much community, but that can still change, maybe. If it does, then the forums would be a much more attractive place.

I also remember when the front page got hacked. That was.. interesting.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Bailee
Pup
Pup

Re: Remember When...

Post by Bailee » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:43 pm

I remember all the trends that multiplayer chats went through... And still they do, fads like RP's based on movies, books, and shows.
But I remember when the "black bloods" and "pup killers" existed. Ohh what trouble they stirred up... does anyone know if they just kind of faded away or if the admins and mods really got on them or what?

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ------------ ♠ ------------ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

I take commissions for avatars, wolf character references, and anything under the sun. PM me with any questions.
Baileeluz.deviantart.com
http://baileeluz.deviantart.com/journal ... -340912806

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:24 pm

I remember the grizzly now comes near you, or when you run off it runs to the carcass so if you try to come back, it won't refuse.
Pretty much you would here a 'ding/chime' sound when you couldn't bite into the carcass any more when you were full.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Well I remember when the Multiplayer chat hadn't lexicon, so you could actually say whatever you wanted; and that was abusive hehe. You could be reporting people all day long, and each time you would have a different reason for reporting besides "mate" stuff.

I remember when Cana was the admin here, yep, not too long ago. I wonder what will happen now.
Former WolfQuest Moderator
May '09 User of the Month

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Sintact wrote:I remember when Cana was the admin here, yep, not too long ago. I wonder what will happen now.
  • Oh gosh that was weird to read XD. Any future posted past times from this will definitely be of a unique tune from the rest of this topic.

dingo
Pup
Pup

Post by dingo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 am

I remember back in 2008/2009 when there were races across the map. But I used to cheat by using a glitch where as I died, but then somehow I'd run super fast... And I mean, super fast. I guess the glitch probably got fixed :'D

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:53 am

dingo wrote:I remember back in 2008/2009 when there were races across the map. But I used to cheat by using a glitch where as I died, but then somehow I'd run super fast... And I mean, super fast. I guess the glitch probably got fixed :'D
I haven't played multiplayer like that in awhile, so I wouldn't know if it was fixed or not, although I know what you're talking about. If it wasn't fixed, it will never be fixed, given how there will be no more updates to the game.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 am

I remember that, dingo haha. Though I just did it like one time at multiplayer. Always chose a slow wolf but taller, and I just went aiming the bull elk; it was much easier. Never really understood races, since most participants had the same fast and small wolf.
Former WolfQuest Moderator
May '09 User of the Month

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:40 pm

I joined just during 2.5, but it still is fun to remember those times!
Led and Alas.
Once I was in a whole server of white wolves named Silver.
MeatRPs. I entered one and said that I was Olive, a hamburger with olives and I was secretly a veggie burger. Except it was "Vegetable Burger" because of the Lexicon. Their reaction was priceless!
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Larkey

Post by Larkey » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:05 pm

I remember when most of the mods went by their original usernames.

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Post by Shiverdam » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:42 am

Some smaller things, but I remember when your wolf would make that squishy biting noise when attacking elk and coyotes, rather than the loud guitar TWANG we have now.
-Also when the eating noise was half as long as it is now, and the animation was also half as long.
-When there was one howl, and for the release of SC (I think) the the mates were given a different howl (which isn't now available as a howl option for some reason).
-When your wolf would make that awful retching noise when feeding pups, haha. I'm guessing that was changed for a reason.
-When your mate would actually RUN during pup care instead of trotting along casually, and stay with them when you left the den. I'm glad now that the pups stay in the den and you don't have to worry about the predator cam interrupting your hunt and sweeping back to the den to show which puppy was going to perish before you could dash back.
-Before there was a stalking option; just sneaking up on elk by walking in short bursts.
-Going into head/scent mode and seeing your wolf's snout at the bottom of the screen.
"Shiverdarn" in-game

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:56 am

Shiverdam wrote:Some smaller things, but I remember when your wolf would make that squishy biting noise when attacking elk and coyotes, rather than the loud guitar TWANG we have now.
-Also when the eating noise was half as long as it is now, and the animation was also half as long.
-When there was one howl, and for the release of SC (I think) the the mates were given a different howl (which isn't now available as a howl option for some reason).
-When your wolf would make that awful retching noise when feeding pups, haha. I'm guessing that was changed for a reason.
-When your mate would actually RUN during pup care instead of trotting along casually, and stay with them when you left the den. I'm glad now that the pups stay in the den and you don't have to worry about the predator cam interrupting your hunt and sweeping back to the den to show which puppy was going to perish before you could dash back.
-Before there was a stalking option; just sneaking up on elk by walking in short bursts.
-Going into head/scent mode and seeing your wolf's snout at the bottom of the screen.
Going to add a little more here...

-when your mate would assist you with killing the small things, such as hares and coyotes.
-when you could devour an entire carcass in one setting.
-when you had to search for your mate by going through all three territories, and when you finally picked up on your mate's scent, it was a rainbow hue.
-when your mate would actually run off and hunt for the pups, and feed all of them in one setting
-when player's usernames would show up as the game leader for public games.
-when you could toggle a glitch to where your stats were all high, and you could kill anything
-when hunting elk would consume most of your health
-when elk carcasses would be everywhere, like some kind of mass killing took place
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Soka
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Soka » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Tsuri wrote:
Shiverdam wrote:Some smaller things, but I remember when your wolf would make that squishy biting noise when attacking elk and coyotes, rather than the loud guitar TWANG we have now.
Going to add a little more here...

-when your mate would assist you with killing the small things, such as hares and coyotes.
-when you could devour an entire carcass in one setting.
-when you had to search for your mate by going through all three territories, and when you finally picked up on your mate's scent, it was a rainbow hue.
-when your mate would actually run off and hunt for the pups, and feed all of them in one setting
-when player's usernames would show up as the game leader for public games.
-when you could toggle a glitch to where your stats were all high, and you could kill anything
-when hunting elk would consume most of your health
-when elk carcasses would be everywhere, like some kind of mass killing took place
Okay you guys and gals must have 2.7. All but a few things thing sounds correct for my version.
Anyone remember when your sprite would grow when you clicked play (if you want a female wolf, at least)? Or is that still there?
~Soka

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:34 am

I believe that's still apparent when you create a wolf for single player. I don't really see any size difference for creating a male/female character in multiplayer.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”