Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

User avatar
Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:35 pm
Name: Frodo/Jay
Gender: Female
Location: Being a hermit hobgoblin in the dark in my room XD
Contact:

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by Frodo1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 am

I have vivid memories of playing the 1.0 demo with a black wolf I named Lance (or possibly Leo? It's been a while, hah) for no particular reason.

I also remember playing 1.5 multiplayer leading up to the Slough Creek release-- people used to pretend the fallen trees in The Burn were dens XD
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

User avatar
alethe
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 2813
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by alethe » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:55 am

oh gosh, i remember that! I think the oldest one I played was 1.5, too. I also remember a bunch of warrior cats rps — they used that one dead tree by the pond as the “fourtrees!”


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : fidd/lupe

User avatar
DaniBeez
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:15 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by DaniBeez » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Oh dear, I was way off :P
DaniBeez
___Forum member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

User avatar
paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 4427
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by paperpaws » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:21 am

I started playing shortly after the release of Amethyst Mountain Deluxe. I remember almost never getting multiplayer to work at the time, and I'd feel a little jolt when it finally connected to a server.

I spent a significant amount of time in single player for that reason, I think. In hindsight, there was not that much to do in the game yet at the time, but my 12-year old self was enchanted.
alethe wrote:oh gosh, i remember that! I think the oldest one I played was 1.5, too. I also remember a bunch of warrior cats rps — they used that one dead tree by the pond as the “fourtrees!”
Wasn't that the Moon Tree as well? Or is that a different one? My memory is awful.

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 13018
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Location: washington, d.c.
Contact:

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by Koa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:57 am

paperpaws wrote:I started playing shortly after the release of Amethyst Mountain Deluxe. I remember almost never getting multiplayer to work at the time, and I'd feel a little jolt when it finally connected to a server.

I spent a significant amount of time in single player for that reason, I think. In hindsight, there was not that much to do in the game yet at the time, but my 12-year old self was enchanted.
alethe wrote:oh gosh, i remember that! I think the oldest one I played was 1.5, too. I also remember a bunch of warrior cats rps — they used that one dead tree by the pond as the “fourtrees!”
Wasn't that the Moon Tree as well? Or is that a different one? My memory is awful.
Moon Tree is in a corner up by Amethyst Mountain. I don’t recall any water there. I’m assuming they instead used the tree close to where you spawn in Amethyst Mountain.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

User avatar
ovedur
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 am
Gender: Female

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by ovedur » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:31 pm

  • When were 1.0 and 1.5 released, by the way?
avatar by lupinzpack!

User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by Neamara » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Based on the game's patch notes 1.5.0 released on April 23 2008. Although the earliest version in that document is 1.1.0, 1.0.0 seems to have been omitted. I *think* that build would have been either the demo that launched on October 31 2007 or the full release that launched on December 21 2007, if not something much, much earlier. These dates are sourced from the Wikipedia article. The few videos of the original game I could find from the demo period only have release dates printed; they lack any kind of version information completely.
Attachments
WQ_AMD_Release_Notes.txt
Release notes distributed with 1.6.X.
(28.66 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]
Avatar © LupinzPack

User avatar
ovedur
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 am
Gender: Female

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by ovedur » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Neamara wrote:Based on the game's patch notes 1.5.0 released on April 23 2008. Although the earliest version in that document is 1.1.0, 1.0.0 seems to have been omitted. I *think* that build would have been either the demo that launched on October 31 2007 or the full release that launched on December 21 2007, if not something much, much earlier. These dates are sourced from the Wikipedia article. The few videos of the original game I could find from the demo period only have release dates printed; they lack any kind of version information completely.
  • Thank you, dear Neam!

    Well, looks like I joined the year that Slough Creek was released, so I can't really make any comments about the older versions because I was a baby at that time and didn't care about what version it was. I still have 2.5.
avatar by lupinzpack!

User avatar
Siblaime
Pup
Pup
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:12 am
Gender: Female
Location: Warszawa/Warsaw, PL
Contact:

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by Siblaime » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 am

Actually, what these "alas" and "led" terms came from? :wink: Lass and lad, I guess?
I remember when I was playing WQ 2.5 several years ago, I was on a multiplayer server, someone joined and asked me "is your wolf alas or led?". I got confused and that player explained it to me like "alas pink, led blue" :D I really could never understand why plain, common words like male/female were banned.
• • •
If life will pass, after all, there is no need for submission.
If submission is a must, there is no need to stay alive.
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

User avatar
Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:23 pm
Name: Call me Tsuri!
Gender: Gender neutral
Location: Photosynthesizing with the beans in the backyard
Contact:

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:07 pm

prokmely wrote:Actually, what these "alas" and "led" terms came from? :wink: Lass and lad, I guess?
I remember when I was playing WQ 2.5 several years ago, I was on a multiplayer server, someone joined and asked me "is your wolf alas or led?". I got confused and that player explained it to me like "alas pink, led blue" :D I really could never understand why plain, common words like male/female were banned.
Ahahaha, when I first joined multiplayer back when 2.5 was around, I was frequently met with the same question, and I was confused as well, haha.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Post Reply

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”