Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Darkpool44
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by Darkpool44 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:59 pm

I have not gotten to play the older version as it wouldn't work on my old computer. I had to play it for like 30 minutes at a time on my dad, but when I got a comp that worked... this was the first thing i installed. Its a good game i'll give it that, i just wish that you pups grew up with you to make it more exciting. :D But ohh well.... it's a good game even though i spent 3 days trying to figure out how to beat the first half of it.

DarkMoon Alpha of CreekPack.
Territory: Amethyst Mountain
Pack size: 2
Den: Rocky Outcrop

lucarioheart200

Post by lucarioheart200 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:08 am

I didn't know WolfQuest existed when older versions were out ^^" I never got to play them, but I've heard that they weren't nearly as good as the ones we have now. I've also heard that the elk were too easy to kill, that must have been strange. I have so much trouble with the elk, I can't imagine them being easy to kill.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:26 am

I've also heard that the elk were too easy to kill, that must have been strange. I have so much trouble with the elk, I can't imagine them being easy to kill.
Heh, I remember taking down entire herds of elk out of boredom by myself. I think the trick was to kill them before you run too far away, because if you got too far away from the herd it despawned. Luckily, they were easy enough to kill and I got pretty good at chasing them in circles XD
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

lucarioheart200

Post by lucarioheart200 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:29 am

Hehe. If you were to say you took down whole heards of elk now, people'd think you were some kind of magician. I can't take down one bull elk - much less a whole heard. Yes, but I wish I would have been able to expirience the older WQ versions.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:34 am

People thought I was crazy back then for doing it XD I think some people even said I was lying. The bull elk was definitely a challenge, though it was much easier with the rest of his herd laying around. I can't imagine taking down an entire herd in the current version, it's probably possible but very difficult.

lucarioheart200

Post by lucarioheart200 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:30 am

Yes, if the elk were easy to take down (by the herd, rest assured) I can just imagine how easy the hares were to kill!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:33 am

More difficult than you think, actually XD At least for me. They always ran right past me and my wolf would automatically turn to follow it, it was so annoying. Actually one of the things I came on here to complain about, haha. I think I usually ended up running in a circle and pulling up the map to figure out where I was going. If you did choose to chase them though they haven't changed much in regards to killing.

lucarioheart200

Post by lucarioheart200 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:41 am

That's kind of funny ^^ The hares being harder to defeat than the elk. I wish I had gotten to play the earler version!

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:01 am

Do you guys remember when Amethyst Mountain didn't have any water? XD

I remember logging in, and a bunch of us would be hanging out by the dry pools, thinking "Gee, wouldn't it be nice to have water in the game"? Ah, good times, good times!
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

lucarioheart200

Post by lucarioheart200 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:05 am

The first time I played WQ, I saw the water holes in Amethyst Moutain black. I was like "LOL tar lakes?"

Steeps

Post by Steeps » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:57 am

This topic makes me feel 'young', haha. Reason being is that the oldest version of the game I ever played was 2.0.3 (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32799), which isn't old at all really. Early 2010.

... Did I miss out :shock: ?

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:07 am

You missed out on somethings, Steeps. :wink: But be fortunate you did miss some of the drama involved in the older versions too. Again, if I could go back in time, I'd pick the old versions over the new one any day. But I completely understand and support the security changes they had to make to ensure the game was safe, clean, and fun for everybody. Unfortunately, there is always people who ruin it for the rest of us. :roll:

It was nice to have real "conversations" in the chat in the much older versions of the game though. Again, I probably won't have gotten to know my "pack mates" better (before deciding to start a pack on Pack Central) without it. Now, I think I'd just rather play single player, because I struggle to communicate with people with the new lexicon. Oh well!

lucarioheart200

Post by lucarioheart200 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Did the old lexicon have as much stuff blocked? We can barely talk about anything with the lexicon now :\
Me and my friend were trying to talk about some pack in pack central and every word was blocked.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:11 pm

No, the chat was less restrictive -- they really just focused on swear words or vulgar words, and removed ways for people to share personal information over the chat. (which was good because there are so many minors that play the game). Then as drama slowly trickled in -- mate-related roleplay, pupkillers, things to that nature, they had to add more and more restrictions to the chat. Again, I support their reasons for doing so...it's supposed to be an educational game after all. But I still miss those days when you could chat a little more freely -- and that was only because the trolls hadn't quite migrated over to WolfQuest yet. :P Organizing games and hunts were A LOT easier...LoL! Or telling someone in my pack I ran into a tree and had fallen behind. :roll:

I still love the aspen trees in Amethyst Mountain. It was a nice little hang out and we'd go to the "end of the world" and try to jump off into the invisible wall and see if we could get stuck. I don't think we even had bears in the game at that point. O.o

lucarioheart200

Post by lucarioheart200 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Hehe. The way you talk about it.... the first versions sound so much better than what we have now. I wish I had gotten to experience them; the enmpy water holes sound interesting =D

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”