Do genders really matter?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

perenril
Name: Ril

Re: Do genders really matter?

Post by perenril » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm with everyone else on this one, I don't think it should matter what gender you choose to make your wolf. I don't mind when someone asks what gender you are, usually that's just for a reference of what the characters voice may sound like, but I don't like when they get asked to leave or change their gender to make the numbers even, it's very uncalled for.

Good god- this is getting out of hand. Please stop parking your car on my sandwiches.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Almondere wrote:I'm with everyone else on this one, I don't think it should matter what gender you choose to make your wolf. I don't mind when someone asks what gender you are, usually that's just for a reference of what the characters voice may sound like, but I don't like when they get asked to leave or change their gender to make the numbers even, it's very uncalled for.

Thankful I've never had that happen to me, sounds ridiculous!

I personally don't think genders matter. I don't think it's a big deal when people mention their wolf's gender when describing their character in a roleplay since it is part of their character and all, but is there really a need for people to get so obsessive about it? I see people enter RP's all the time and immeditaly want a "gender check". It's ridiculous :roll: you know the only reason they do it is because they're part of that weird group of players obsessed with having a mate.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:38 pm

I don't really mind people asking about genders, especially in roleplay since gender is part of who a character is, but some people get wayyyyy too obsessed with it. I haven't done as much roleplay in recent months, and I have noticed things have gotten better since 2.5, but I've definitely had times where I've run into people who've just needed to chill o.o
I do find it helpful to know other characters' genders in roleplay, though, just as I like to know other details of their character (like personality, age, etc.).
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

perenril
Name: Ril

Post by perenril » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:13 am

Adding onto my last post, I just went on and checked Multiplayer, there was a server open named “even number of genders” like, seriously?

Good god- this is getting out of hand. Please stop parking your car on my sandwiches.

0927CanisLupus0927
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by 0927CanisLupus0927 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Wolvencall wrote:I could care less about genders. Wolves don't really have gender roles in real life. They do them; they survive. They don't care until its breeding season which shouldn't be apart of multiplayer Wolfquest and something I wish people would stay away from. This is a Wolf Ecology game not Tinder for Tots.
I totally agree with you. Sooo many little kids and teens who get all...:
Sammy: "I love you" runs off*
Alyssa: Runs after him "I lone you too!"
Sammy: "Wanna have pups?"

Anyways, there are so many kids doing things like this. It gets agitating! I am a literate WolfQuest player who plays the role of a wolf (not including the whole "Sammy+Alyssa" thing!
Have a good day!
|•|^=^|•|

ItsLiminal
Pup
Pup

Post by ItsLiminal » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:37 pm

The only time I care about the gender of someone's wolf is so I know, when roleplaying, what pronouns to use when referencing them in my paragraphs (and even then, I would never ask, because if they want someone to know their character's gender, they'll put it in their character description). Otherwise, there's no reason whatsoever to care-- especially in a regular, non-roleplay multiplayer game. In that case, why why would it matter? WolfQuest isn't a dating sim, and someone's gender doesn't impact the gameplay, so...

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”