So many Carcasses!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Are there too many elk carcasses in the game?

Yes
66%
No
21%
I'm not sure
13%

Total votes: 100

lace24
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: So many Carcasses!

Post by lace24 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:13 am

i think it fine i bit cause in SC you cant hunt as much cause you have to take care of your pups. like there should only be like two carcass there but not close to each other. in AM the carcass near the territorys are fine ive come out of an area starved and eat almost the whole thing. but the double/tripe/etc . . .-headed thing for me is kind of . . . .odd. and the scent plume with no carcass kind of makes me a bit mad cause i ran all the way here but theres nothing there and my health might be low and i can only walk.

EDIT: also i dont like how much carcass that are there cause i was chaseing after my pup and bob was there eat like nothing was worng so i bite him and i got clawed so i eat and bit him. then i saw bill so i killed him and bob finished that one so it was about to eat one of my pups then it stoped and ate another carcass i had. at the time i had over ten carcasses so i saved and reloaded so had olny one carcass and no bobs or bills. ithink that so many carcass should not be there at a time just two.

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:54 pm

I found hunting completely boring with so many carcasses everywhere, I ran into 10 carcass in one small area, and I'm sick and tired of killing a Cow Elk and having two carcasses spawn at the same time, it makes hunting feel completely pointless. I don't even bother hunting anymore. Also the carcasses are causeing coyotes and bears to spawn all over the place.. usually the coyotes and bears would EAT the carcasses.....they simply walk into them or around it in a circle continuessly. What bothers me the most out of it all is how when you eat a simple cow elk carcass, the food meter goes down way too fast. When non of this happened, I would enjoy hunting all the time, I would eat the carcass, fight off a bear if it showed up, eat more of the carcass, then leave the rest for the poor coyotes, and they'd actually EAT it, and NOT simply walk into it or run around in circles like their life has no meaning! :| .....A lot of stuff needs to be fixxed here.... I missed it when it was all challenging, and actually realistic. In real life a wolf depending on its sense of smell would probably only find 1 or 2 carcasses in the entire area....not 87..... (Continues Rant) also waaaay too many bears and coyotes spawn near a carcass, in the real world it takes a coyote to FIND a carcass of an elk that wolves have killed, it would take em a long time to find a carcass for them to scavenge, in WQ its like they only need to walk 5 ft from one carcass to another.... meaning more and more coyotes and bears show up.... it's outragous Dx. And don't even get me STARTED on how the bear doesn't defend his carcass and runs away like a little sissy :x Oh how I wish this would all go back to normal.

Thank you for listening to my rant from the heart in which probably no one will think deeply about or even acknolage it's meanings :D
I believe in freedom, and peace. But sometimes, you don't always get what you want. Don't believe lies, don't trust strangers who out of the blue talk to you, and beware of scams such as the 2012 lie. YOUR choices shape YOUR future.

~cloudywolf

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:11 pm

This has been addressed in the Ideas for new episodes topic; an option that lets you choose the frequency of carcass spawning in the game. I hope it is implemented in a future game update!

At present, I mostly ignore the carcasses. I only eat from things I kill, to challenge myself.

wolfloversk
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfloversk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:43 am

Overcast wrote:This has been addressed in the Ideas for new episodes topic; an option that lets you choose the frequency of carcass spawning in the game. I hope it is implemented in a future game update!.
I know I've mentioned fixes for this there a few times, but I don't believe anything's been added until recently... I do hope they put something like that in the game though because that way the newbies have a chance but the regular players can have more fun too :)

But yeah I'm getting tired of going into scent view and seeing 50 pink plumes.
UotM of September 2011!

"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness."
John Muir, "John of the Mountains" (1938)

Victorious Faith
Pup
Pup
Name: Faith
Location: If I'm online, I'm probably at the computer. Likely typing my fingers off on some forum or story.

Post by Victorious Faith » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Yeah, I do think it's unrealistic, but when you think that the game is sped up in time by a million, and your wolf gets hungry every five minutes, I think it's at least helpful. But I think it wouldn't hurt to cut down a bit.
.:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:.
The Moon Tree Chronicles~~
Script writing has begun!

http://moontreechronicles.forumotion.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Incarcenon

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Don't the carcasses you kill/the double-carcasses that appear go away after you save and load your game though? I'm pretty positive that it does this to me. o-o

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Koa wrote:Don't the carcasses you kill/the double-carcasses that appear go away after you save and load your game though? I'm pretty positive that it does this to me. o-o
Yeah they do, but when you play for a long time without reloading the game the carcasses can really accumulate.

Sometimes shortly after I make an elk kill, a fresh carcass will spawn a few feet away as I press spacebar to take the first bite of my own kill.

wolfloversk
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfloversk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Sometimes they disappear and sometimes they don't. Either way though there's still enough to make hunting unnecessary.
UotM of September 2011!

"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness."
John Muir, "John of the Mountains" (1938)

lightshadowwolf223
Pup
Pup

Post by lightshadowwolf223 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:45 pm

wolfloversk wrote:Sometimes they disappear and sometimes they don't. Either way though there's still enough to make hunting unnecessary.
Yeah i know right!
I was hunting yesterday and this carcass just spawns in front of me.
I was like: Huh?
Hunting is not destruction and i get annoyed by people all ways going like: OOO your killing the animals!
I just say: No. its population managment, and could someone who hates animals know so much about them?

Thruggan
Pup
Pup

Post by Thruggan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Yes and no. You see, I like scavenging, and its easy. But then there's the coyotes. ._. I personally killed 41 coyotes in a single game. They pop up everywhere! Its so annoying! But when I hunt, it provides some interest in the life of a otherwise boring wolf. So I'm so-so. :D
Last edited by Thruggan on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
тняυggαη-тнє σηє αη∂ σηℓу

The Lord of the Rings is epic. Narnia is spectacular. Oz is fantastic.
Video games=my life in two words.

Victorious Faith
Pup
Pup
Name: Faith
Location: If I'm online, I'm probably at the computer. Likely typing my fingers off on some forum or story.

Post by Victorious Faith » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Overcast wrote:This has been addressed in the Ideas for new episodes topic; an option that lets you choose the frequency of carcass spawning in the game. I hope it is implemented in a future game update!
That's something comforting to hear. I hope it's added in, too!
.:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:..:~*~:.
The Moon Tree Chronicles~~
Script writing has begun!

http://moontreechronicles.forumotion.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Incarcenon

brightstar99
Yearling
Yearling

Post by brightstar99 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 pm

well carcasses are okay because you can feed your pups and heal you after you attack a bear but alot of them are not good! one time they were alot of carcasses around my den and a army of animals wanted to eat the carcassess and my pups! :shock: two of my pups;thunder and petal got killed by bob (a.f.k. bear) :cry: but two of my pups are alive :)

ninnu
Pup
Pup

Post by ninnu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Yeah, I agree. There's a little too many carcasses. In Single Player it's sometimes good that there's a lot carcasses in my territory, I don't have to go hunting or go too far from territory but it attracts lot of predators as well. In multiplayer lot carcasses are bad too. I can hunt but there's just no point because there's just soooo many carcasses, you just don't have to hunt. Sometimes I just play realistic, act like there's no carcasses and I'm going to hunt, and at the same time when I'm going to hunt other wolf goes to eat carcass what I just passed :D

brightstar99
Yearling
Yearling

Post by brightstar99 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:39 pm

ninnu wrote:Yeah, I agree. There's a little too many carcasses. In Single Player it's sometimes good that there's a lot carcasses in my territory, I don't have to go hunting or go too far from territory but it attracts lot of predators as well. In multiplayer lot carcasses are bad too. I can hunt but there's just no point because there's just soooo many carcasses, you just don't have to hunt. Sometimes I just play realistic, act like there's no carcasses and I'm going to hunt, and at the same time when I'm going to hunt other wolf goes to eat carcass what I just passed :D
i think you are right with the mp because you got to hunt to live as a wolf..and you can eat dead animals but way too many will turn the greatest hunter into a fat,lazy wolf who never hunts because he dosn't want to get hurt. plus alot of predators will come near or to your den and eat all your food and if there are still staving then chase them away or run off with a pup in your mouth!

Misty_Falls
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Somewhere between crazy and insane. "Invisibility Go!"

Post by Misty_Falls » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:54 pm

It can come in handy if your like me,and forget until the last minute that pups need food.But I agree,it can be a little much.
"I can tell you now,
Without a trace of fear,
That my love,
Will be forever,
And if we die,
We die together."

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”