So many Carcasses!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Are there too many elk carcasses in the game?

Yes
66%
No
21%
I'm not sure
13%

Total votes: 100

wolfloversk
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

So many Carcasses!

Post by wolfloversk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Hey all just wondering if you think there are too many elk carcasses in the game?

Personally I think there are because I can easily get through the game without hunting at all, and not only is that not as fun or challenging, but it's not the way life works in the wild.

It's made worse by the fact that I have the glitch where if I kill an elk two carcasses appear instead of just one. Also I've seen glitched spawns where there are three carcasses all in the same place at the same time. This has happened twice to me in AM. Here's a screenshot of one right outside the Slough Pack territory http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz24 ... glitch.png

But yeah in AM I only hunt 'cause it's fun not 'cause I have to and in SC I never even visit a Hunting Ground or the Cattle Ranch because I have plenty of carcasses to feed my pups. Another problem is there's always so many near my den that they keep attracting predators near my pups. But I think there should be less to make the game more realistic, challenging, and fun.

So what do you think, "Are there too many carcasses in the game?"

(I hope there's not a topic like this)
UotM of September 2011!

"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness."
John Muir, "John of the Mountains" (1938)

fGYU2tKDtH
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: So many Carcasses!

Post by fGYU2tKDtH » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 am

I think so. I realized the two-carcass trick too, it seemed a little odd. That makes living in the wild a who lot easier...
Reach for the sky 'cause it's the limit,
don't run by 'cause you're in it to win it,
don't tell me you're too young to start,
'cause you're never too young to do your part.
Power Comes In Numbers. Enjoy them.

Chemuhk
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Chemuhk » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:50 pm

I personally think that the amount of carcasses is okay. They could probably lower the amount just a bit, but the game wouldn't be much fun if you died every couple minutes because you couldn't find a carcass and can't hunt down an elk. I don't know how many carcasses are actually out in the wild, but I think the developers made it so that you could choose for yourself whether you wanted to make it hard and hunt, or just eat from carcasses and make it easy on yourself.
That's my two cents :D
För allting börja nånstans när ja tappar balansen,
Woah,
Det klart det blir så när man dansar
nära kanten.

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Definitely! There are so many carcasses around that sometimes my game crashes and slows down because it it just too much and my computer can't handle it!Also there are too many coyotes around and it makes my life a nightmare.
I would love if there was a smaller number of them in the future.Or at least an option to lower down the number. :mrgreen:
In the cold breeze that I walk along
The memories haunt me
Been forever since I cried the pain and sorrow
I live and die,proud of my people gaining

I'm standing at the edge
starin up at where the moon should be
Until my soul starts howling
Stray!

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:01 pm

I definitely think there are too many carcasses in the game. It makes the game and easy and less fun and challenging. I once found a four-headed elk. Too amazed to take a screenshot, though. xD If there were really that many elk carcasses in the real Slough Creek, wolves would become lazy little creatures and hardly have to move to get some food. xD
One raindrop among millions.

blackwolf26
Pup
Pup

Post by blackwolf26 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:26 am

I definitely believe that there's more than an abundance of carcasses, which makes it less challenging and more unrealistic. Most of the time when I go to get food for myself or my pups and when the carcass disappears, I'll go to a different one that may be nearby and there's instantly another carcass spawned where the first one originally was. I barely ever have to leave my territory to find a carcass, since that 3 carcass glitch applies a lot whenever I play. I actually like to hunt in the game and it's basically impossible in SC if you have pups, since you're too busy caring for them and also because there's, like, 5 carcasses only 10 feet away. It gets annoying, too. So yes, I believe that in 2.5 or possibly a later episode, they should tone down the amount of carcasses and how rapidly they re-spawn.

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 am

I agree there is many carcasses, but sometimes it's handy if you don't want to go hunt (lazy like me), you can just go to a carcass and take food to puppies. In an earlier version of AM there was much, much more carcasses almost everywhere
"Just say something!"
"Something."

A Needlepoint Dreary
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by A Needlepoint Dreary » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:34 pm

I've had an elk with nine heads before. That's DEFINITELY way too many <3

If they'd decrease the number a leeeetle bit i'd be fine :3
Abandoning this account. I'll be known on my other one, "the ACTUAL dizzy" once it is activated.

-04.17.2013-

Rhimestone
Pup
Pup
Location: Our Universe, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion-Cygnus Arm, Earth.

Post by Rhimestone » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:37 pm

There are WAY too many carcasses! Although it is helpful, it is really unrealistic and not at all challenging.They should have something in game settings controlling how many elk carcasses there are.
If everything goes wrong,
If you feel hopeless,
Just remember:
Keep running on,
Don't let the world
get you down.

Member of theVanishedDreamsPack
Author of Silverstar

Craigy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Fighting alongside El Cid Campeador and the horde of Genghis Khan!

Post by Craigy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:13 am

I agree completely. My life is lazy and lathargic, other then the occasional Bob or Chester. A setting to control the carcass amount would be great. The game is still fun for me, and I think the carcass amount in Slough Creek is actually helpful for beginners like me or people who don't like to or are not good at hunting. In Amethyst Mountain, I almost always hunt with my mate, considering that I don't have to worry about my pups.

Well, that's my ramble. :)
I am a stinkwad
A
stinkwad I shall be
Through night and day
To dusk and dawn
I sing this melody

*Avvie by Meadow*

Howling Fang
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Howling Fang » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:14 am

There are Way to many dead elk on the ground. there should be a lot less.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:30 am

Rhimestone wrote:There are WAY too many carcasses! Although it is helpful, it is really unrealistic and not at all challenging.They should have something in game settings controlling how many elk carcasses there are.
I now feel the need to add that to the ideas list.

That aside, I agree. I'm not sure what's up with the issue of another carcass appearing right after you kill an elk.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:24 pm

I gladly agree that there are WAY TOO MANY CARCASSES throughout the game, usually I be roaming around then one just pops in front of me O.o usually it surrounds some of the dens like the small tree den near slough creek, aspen, and saddle. I don't mind it, yet I really do hope they fix the glitches that were happening recently... the scent is there but not the meal. I tell others to run around then come back and it appears randomly. sometimes when someone eats it all, devouring it quickly the scent still remains, its strange. yet helpful in a way :P
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

lightshadowwolf223
Pup
Pup

Post by lightshadowwolf223 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:05 am

Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:I definitely think there are too many carcasses in the game. It makes the game and easy and less fun and challenging. I once found a four-headed elk. Too amazed to take a screenshot, though. xD If there were really that many elk carcasses in the real Slough Creek, wolves would become lazy little creatures and hardly have to move to get some food. xD
Yeah there are to many and as for the four headed thing i see those constantly. XD
Hunting is not destruction and i get annoyed by people all ways going like: OOO your killing the animals!
I just say: No. its population managment, and could someone who hates animals know so much about them?

goldenwolf1
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by goldenwolf1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:39 am

there is way to many carcasses in the game but i just ignore them and go hunting X3
i'm not around much but you see me now and then ;)

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”