Your Final Journey

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Moon450
Pup
Pup

Re: Your Final Journey

Post by Moon450 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:28 pm

My final journey(s) all went well. The first time, with Golden, we didn't have much trouble until about halfway there. Then, out of absolutely nowhere, a bear spawns in the middle of the pack :O I saved and quit, and when I came back on, it was gone xD I'm such a cheater. >.> Anyway, the rest of the journey went well, but when I got there, a coyote AND the eagle came, and I was too lazy to run off and chase the coyote and risk my pups getting killed by the eagle, so I saved/reloaded. When I got back on, though, my mate was there (he had gone hunting) and we howled, so I'm like, "yay, the game's over." But now my wolf is glitched so i can't move her, and I can't save, and no matter how many times I reload, it doesn't work. It doesn't matter, though. I'm done with that save file.

The next one went exactly the same way (mostly.) I walked backward the entire time, carrying one of the pups in my mouth the entire time (forgot the names.) After nearly drowning poor Elk (or was that on the first file. . .) we made it <3

On the 3rd File, with Fara the traveler, I "accidentally" (on purpose) drowned three of my pups in the creek so I could travel all around Slough Creek. We're still wandering with our final pup, Amy.

Sorry that this is so long.

jackie88654
Pup
Pup
Name: Ash

Post by jackie88654 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:04 pm

my journey was horrible my wolf lived at saddle so it took more longer to get there so my mate and my pups were near little butte my mate picked up a pup and pup it in the river i was like why you did that! to himso i had three pups then a bear came up and took my other pup ( the only reason i didnt pick that pup up cuz i was getting food for it) so i had two pup left i was very close to the summer den then bang a egale took my second pup so yup i had only one pup left :cry: so i didnt waste any time i took the last pup up and made a run for it to the summer den and i made it and i had only one pup

Takaraa
Pup
Pup

Post by Takaraa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 pm

I've completed the final journey several times, but I've actually just go there when I'm done playing. Once the pups leave the den, I just travel around with the pups, keeping them safe and watching them play. I find that quite fun even though I might lose a few. Unfortunately, I was hoping if you lost all your pups you'd start over with new pups. Instead it just gives your last pup back to you. I don't like that at all. I'd rather if I lose all of my pups on the journey I'd rather start all over with a new litter of pups. To me it would be like having your 2nd litter and such. Anyways, I find it fun :)
~Takara~ *Beloved Jewl* - Sakuna of 'The Donoma Pack'
Join us!: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=38549

lightshadowwolf223
Pup
Pup

Post by lightshadowwolf223 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:34 am

I beat the final level epicly (as all ways :D ) with all four pups in about 8 minutes or less i just carried one then another as fast as possible i looked like a dog version of a cheeta This was my second attempt though. :D This is my first attempt: i carried them about half way then the big scary bird(aka eagle)took two and then one died of drowning and the last was killed by bob(the bear not sure why we call him bob :D ). P.S. i used a lot of :Ds in this little passage.
Hunting is not destruction and i get annoyed by people all ways going like: OOO your killing the animals!
I just say: No. its population managment, and could someone who hates animals know so much about them?

NewMooon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by NewMooon » Mon May 02, 2011 7:32 am

I have a good tactic for keeping your pups in place. Howl then stop so they keep howling and you can locate them. At my last journey I had about 8 encounters with the eagle. I only managed to get dust and snow to the summer den while aspen and stone drowned. It was fun anyway :)
..........╔═╦╗────╔═╦═╗
..........║║║╠═╦╦╦╣║║║╠═╦═╦═╦═╦╗
..........║║║║╩╣║║║║║║║╬║╬║╬║║║║
..........╚╩═╩═╩══╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩═╩╩═╝

.........."life IS hard."
.........."~ŋɚɰ ɱøøŋ

Green Paws Team

TextArt© Nightly
Avvie© Crystal

wolfyattitude
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolfyattitude » Mon May 02, 2011 9:48 am

I'm terrible at my Final Journey, here is why:

1: I'm terrified that my pups will get killed.
2. I always afraid of predators.
3. Even when I keep all pups alive, they all die on the journey.
4. My mate is rubbish.
5. Elk always seem to run over my pups.

Here is my story.

I had all four pups, Toboe, Tsume, Kiba Jr, and Hige. (Yes I love wolf's Rain)
And my mate Kiba. Kiba Jr is my favorite pup, so I was with him the whole time, the others waited. I had no game plan, so I just ran carrying my pups. Then an incident between Toboe and an Eagle broke out, so I only had four pups left, then Hige fought with a bear, and Tsume went to help but died also. And Me, Kiba and Kiba Jr made it to the summer den. I think it's funny that they all died in the same order as the real Wolf's Rain characters.
╔═══════╗
████████
ÐEatнηΘ†E║
████████
████████
████████
████████
╚═══════╝

Avvie(c)Lupinzpack

goldenwolf1
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by goldenwolf1 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:15 am

wolfyattitude wrote:I'm terrible at my Final Journey, here is why:

1: I'm terrified that my pups will get killed.
2. I always afraid of predators.
3. Even when I keep all pups alive, they all die on the journey.
4. My mate is rubbish.
5. Elk always seem to run over my pups.

Here is my story.

I had all four pups, Toboe, Tsume, Kiba Jr, and Hige. (Yes I love wolf's Rain)
And my mate Kiba. Kiba Jr is my favorite pup, so I was with him the whole time, the others waited. I had no game plan, so I just ran carrying my pups. Then an incident between Toboe and an Eagle broke out, so I only had four pups left, then Hige fought with a bear, and Tsume went to help but died also. And Me, Kiba and Kiba Jr made it to the summer den. I think it's funny that they all died in the same order as the real Wolf's Rain characters.
i just want to ask what happened when a elk run over a pup it's never happened to me because i always scavenge
i'm not around much but you see me now and then ;)

shenzie
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shenzie » Tue May 10, 2011 12:54 am

I don't mind it at all. To me, it is really easy. I completed the game in under twenty minutes my first time. But the pups were a little annoying, but I passed it.

~Jade~

A very proud member of UF. You can find them here
WQ topic: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... &start=285
Site/Blog: http://www.undinefallswolves.com/
Join Now
My wolf name is Jade but some know me as Winter

Whirl-Oakpaw
Pup
Pup

Post by Whirl-Oakpaw » Tue May 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Whew! My journey was VERY difficult, I got stuck on it actually, but eventually I finished it after a few hours.
Here are my wolves:

Whirl (me), Female, grey with darker flecks. Calm and Brave.
Aldar (my mate), Male, light brown/tan pelt with a redish overcoat, and a whiteish undercoat. ditzy and loving.

Our pups:

Tide (Yes, he is mah favorite puppeh.) Male. The same in appearance to Whirl, but darker. Adventurous and bold, schemer, yet intelligent. (yes, he is the "wonderful" pup and likes to walk away from the den even after training) he enjoys romping with his unruly brothers.

Bear, Male. Brown with a light muzzle, and darker paws. Sometimes uses his bear-like appearance to his advantage. (Sometimes I see the name 'bear' when I have names on, and I freak out >.>)

Shadow, Male, pure black pup with bright eyes. Loves to sneak around because of his pelt.

Feather, Female, silver pup with darker flecks, and brilliant icy blue eyes. And a darker tail tip. Is kind, and shy. Loves to play with her brothers, but is actually the most well behaved of the litter.

This was my first puppy litter, and the hardest! It took me... 15k points or more before getting to the feeding stage. (I think it was due to a glitch? Because on other games I've gotten only a few hundred points before getting to the feeding stage)

Tide was always my favorite, he just had such a personality, and sometimes managed to get the other pups (usually Bear, and sometimes Shadow) to follow him out of the den site, even though they were usually well behaved. And then Feather would hide behind the den, and wait for me or Aldar to get her.

But on with the journey now (I can hear you sighing in relief :P)

(Just so you know, I took the furthest den for challenge)

It started out pretty normal. I took a last look around my territory, then howled for my mate and pups to come. As soon as that was done, I decided the best thing to do was to pick up one pup, and carry it out away from the den.

It seemed to be going smoothly, Aldar brought another pup with him without me prompting him to do so, and I was pretty happy with that.

But the trouble started when I went to get the third pup, and when I got down to where I left my first two pups, they were gone. I turned back, and found Aldar trying to bring them back to the den. (-_-)

After some more hassle, I got all the pups away from the den, and started slowly moving them across Slough Creek.

Luckily I had eaten as much as I could before the journey, so I had a meal ready for them as soon as they got hungry.

I soon made it to the river, after a barrage of at least 40 eagles, 5 bears, and 50 coyoties, with all four pups intact.

I then jumped into the river, holding one pup, and then noticed his life going down.
Crap. Crapity crap crap.

I didn't realize that Whirl could not hold her head high enough to get the pups over without drowning, and doubled back with hardly any health.

I kept going, and made it to the sand bar, and fed my pups and myself, and then checked my map.

I had once seen the hidden den (the one that takes a lot of points to obtain), and assumed that was the summer den, and went for it.

After struggling there with all my pups and my mate, I found out that it wasn't the right place. I then checked my map, and didnt' see the little green dot that indicated the summer den site. (Eye twitch)

I then decided that it must be the large rock that you start out on. Wrong again.

After getting there, and exploring the rock and resting there for a bit, I was totally exausted, and angered. In real life, not just in the game. >.<

I then decided to check out the place beyond the river that leads to the furthest right of the map, and then something interesting happened. As I crossed by myself, Alder began to follow, and dropping pups into the water.

I screamed, and rushed to the rescue, and saved all my pups in the brink of time.

Now I was starving, alligator, and my pups were dying too.

I rushed to the sand bar again, and fed my pups, and then studied the map for a long time after having a break from the game.

I saw the green dot, and pretty much had a anurism, and a seizure, and screamed a bit.

Then I calmed down, and crossed the sand bar, and FINALLY MADE it.

But nooooo, its not over yet. I have to deal with my mate running around taking my pups out of the circle, and an eagle.

I killed the eagle, kicked my mate, then gathered us all up, and nothing happened for a bit, but then Bear wandered close to me, and then we all started howling.

FINALLY.
I beat Slough Creek.

Overall it was pretty fun, even if my mate was annoying, and I couldn't see the green dot (Which, btw, should enlargened).

My mate is annoying, but he has some good points, and I survived with all four pups, and a lot of points.

All I can say now is....

Can't wait for part 2.5 :P

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Thu May 12, 2011 2:27 am

hmm..
my final journey wasnt that horrible.
I completed it after the bugfix, so it was easier.
I already knew some tricks to make my pups follow (keeping some food with me and the pups follow and beg)
my mate was actually helpful. Helpful in: not dropping our pups into the river... not leaving us alone... and not running off with any of them to beat the coyotes or bears with them.
i cant really remember the pups names... but one i will always remember...
Garg. Named him after my char. kinda.
He was kind of... black with a bit of grey (his mom was grey, my char was black)
i say he was the runt.
beause at the journey i was holding the "runaway" (the troublemaker of the pups) all the time, and we had to stop to let Garg catch up. He always fell behind. Thats why i remember him so well lol. ("ugh comon Garg.. speed up pls..." "what? he fell behind again?" "Where did Garg go? ohh god... tell me that dot behind us is not him -.-' ")
that was the only problem... oh yes, and once he got snatched by the eagle... luckily i saved before that.

oh and after, when we finally reached the end of the journey... guess what...
yep, that happened that everyone was angry about...
my mate just simply ran away to get food.
so i did as everyone said i should: i howled... and howled... but she just stoped. i realized she got stuck behind a tree -.-
My first time and finished with all 4 pups... memorable little quest...
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

-Night_wolf-
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by -Night_wolf- » Sat May 14, 2011 3:55 pm

hmm, sounds like my final journey. But something that happend to me was that i was trying to get all the pups over the river, and when i went back to the last one my mate carryed the others back again :shock: ! its so annoying! And one time she put the one in the water so it drowned :cry: .
Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Khisa
Pup
Pup

Post by Khisa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 am

This topic has been dead for a little while, but I thought it'd be okay to bump up.
My final journey was rather terrible; I started out with three pups and ended up with one :P. I believe my first pup was taken by a coyote when I was eating, and my other pup either died of starvation or was also taken by a coyote. The only reason my other pup survived was because I had named it after someone I deeply admire and wouldn't let it out of my mouth X3.

The eagles/whatever birds they were didn't pose much of a threat to me. My mate would always charge them whenever they landed, and I kept my one surviving pup in my wolf's jaws the whole time, so the eagles couldn't exactly get it :P. My main problem was finding food; the one time I needed my mate to act like a psycho and hunt the entire time like usual he didn't. And of course, whenever a found a carcass and was eating the pup would try to run off >.>

It took me a few games to get to the final journey. My pups were all dead within ten minutes of my first game, I ragequit the second game for a few weeks, and I'm sure I didn't get to the rendezvous mission until a few more games later.
av by jewelz

djulianna1999
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by djulianna1999 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Sadly, my journey didn't go so well...

First of all, it was too hard for me with all the hawks and bears and they just kept coming and coming and coming! I had no other choice and.... your gonna hate me when i say this, but i had to drown two of my pups. :cry:
One good thing was that i learned to cross Sandbar Crossing to cross the river, even though it is dangerously close to stranger wolf's territory. My mate also helped a little so i managed to get to the new den.

AND THE WORST PART: Everytime I win, it freezes when I'm about to win. It's not so hard for me to win anymore, but my first time was terrible.

But I still love the game!
~Even though your heart is on the left, it is always right.~ <3

Dawn_Feather
Pup
Pup

Post by Dawn_Feather » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:09 am

My latest journey was so fun.

My name was Mikku and my mates name was Silence. We lived at the Bison peek edge den.

We had four healthy pups, Serikku, Risk, Kinomi, and Ayden.

We started out fine, the eagle normally spawned and I kicked it behind. My pups didn't typically follow at first, until I ran far away from them, THEN they listened. My mate was helpful, he went back to the most far pup and brought it back to me. I carried Serikku almost the entire way because she was my favorite and...everything was after her. Ayden was quite far behind which slowed us down a bit, I often when off to get food and kill coyotes. So predators were scarce other than the annoying eagle who wanted to make Serikku dinner.

We reached the river, we hit a problem. All my pups were famished and I couldn't find a shallow end. I decided to just feed off the carcass put on the island so i could feed my puppies. I turned to see Silence putting pups in the creek, they luckily all made it across by themselves. Getting across the other creek wasn't hard. The shallow end was easily spotted out and I carried all my pups to the other side with no help from Silence. I fed 'em all, that's when Silence decided to abandon me and go "hunting" AKA run off and not bring back food.When he came back I walked backwards, keeping an eyes on all of the critters while I had Ayden in my mouth at the time since he always lags behind. I dropped him and picked up Serikku because that darn eagle was huntin' her.

Then, I did a rather mean move, I booked it, ran with Serikku the rest of the way to the site and left her there while Silence went "Hunting" again. I ran back for Ayden, carried him back, got Kin, carried her back, while Risk came on his own. The eagle came back and I chased it off, my mate came back then we all howled. Then while we were howling Mr. Eagle stole Kin and carried her to wonderland, which had me mad. Oh well. I basically had four pups left if ya don't count that cheat move Mr. Eagle made, I loved the risky journey and I'm gonna create a new wolf, stock up on EXP, and get that 4th den! Love glitchy games and challenges.
Yummy

Free Rain
Pup
Pup

Post by Free Rain » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:44 am

I had several last journeys and almost all of them were easy. There was only one coyot, but eagles... Oh, hate them! :mrgreen: I had a tactic. When the eagle appears I just do nothing and continue my journey. I run into it right when it's about to land. I succeeded all the times, I think it's very useful tactic. :wink: The main problem for me is only to keep all my packmates together in the green circle.

And by the way, I didn't know mate can chase off eagle. Does it happen sometimes or it was just once?
♥♠♦♦♦♣♣♫♪☼♀○◊
~*₣REE RAIN*~
♥♠♦♦♦♣♣♫♪☼♀○◊
Yellowstone Spirits - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=51436

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”