"Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: "Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Post by Koa » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Legendary-Taco wrote:I've reconsidered and I think I'm more irked on the subject. I don't play multiplayer much anymore, but the last time I went into a game and kindly refused to leave the other players became quite indignant and they were demanding I leave, trying to cuss at me, and threatening to report me (although I was unable to report as I ended up losing the evidence :b). I could understand their frustration, as they were saving a spot, but their reaction was over the top. Open games are meant for everyone to play and enjoy, after all.
If they kindly ask to leave, I usually will, but again, open games should be played by everyone and new players should be welcomed. Most people are kind, but still, there are the more demanding people out there.

People should reserve the right to save spots, but must keep in mind that other people that join should be accepted with open arms anyways.
I do not think they should be able to "reserve" spots. As you said --
I usually will, but again, open games should be played by everyone and new players should be welcomed.
They are either open games or private games. If they want to have particular people join games, they should create a private game (although yes, the feature does not work as well as it once did). "Open" games are called "open" games for a reason -- everyone should be allowed to join, and no one should be excluded. "Saving spots" accomplishes exclusion.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

White the Half Demon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by White the Half Demon » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Hmm. My opinion is i'm completely fine with it... I actually do save spots but only when my friends say they are coming soon or crashed. I can't create private servers no matter how many times people have told me to, for SOME reason they won't work. Though people REALLY need to understand that when someone says "Please leave, were saving. Sorry" They should just directly leave. When my friends crashed or something and some people came into my server I asked them politely to leave and they called me some pretty nasty names and left. Its like people are thinking its not fair because the ONE server is saving. They are acting like my server is the only open one. I really don't like their behavior at all. They act very rude and then just leave just because they don't get to play on the ONE SERVER. Seriously people?

SpiralStar9
Pup
Pup

Post by SpiralStar9 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 am

well, i dont mind it. when some on asks me to leave i just say cya or ok i will leave. if some one on my chat was glitching pretty badly, then i will save there spots, or if yo waiting for some friends of yours, then make the chat called saving
Wal

Dreamrunner2011
Pup
Pup

Post by Dreamrunner2011 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm not stranger to logging out because my game glitches, so I understand when people save spots for someone that crashed and is coming right back (as long as their polite about it). I'll admit that I have saved spot more than once, although I'm really soft spoken about it compared to most spot savers i've run into. (Most of the time, the other people in my chat are the ones who take charge)
As long as the person's about to enter the game and the person's polite, I'll leave. However, most of the time (because I have rotten luck) I run into the very very rude spot savers that are saving a spot for someone who is "about to join" when I know for a fact that they've been saying that for over twenty minutes.
I also hate it when people save spots for more than one person. One time I joined a chat where the host was all by them self and the first thing they say to me is "Leave now. Saving spots." That is what really bugs me.
Is an orange called an orange because it's orange?
Or is orange called orange because an orange is orange?

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:51 pm

I seriously think it's annoying when you really want to enter someone's server, and they say that they are saving spots and they force you to leave and might even add the, "if you don't leave, I'm going to report you" thing. I find that rediculus and it's a stupid reason to try to get someone to leave your server. I really think that if they want certain people in their server, there is something called: Make a private server. On the other version of WQ, I went to someone's server and people started yelling at me and telling me to leave just because they were saving spots. I told them that I didn't want to leave and they pretended to throw things at me until I left their server. Seriously... What the heck is wrong with people? That's why I always make my own server. I call it: Deep Hypnosis.That way I don't have to go to other people's servers and get yelled at. So... The moral to this story is: If you want certain people to be in your server, instead of being mean to others... MAKE A PRIVATE GAME! Seriously, not that hard...
[Hypnotic Phrases]:
~The deeper you go, the better you feel. And the better you feel, the deeper you go~.
~Relax Deeper~

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:56 pm

EDIT 11/3/2013: I know I've posted my opinion on this before but I wanted to post what is my opinion now.

I've heard saving spots is "unfair" countless times, but I don't see how it's "fair" if your friends don't get a chance to play either because they can't connect to private games- the case with my friends. Yes, other people should get a chance to play too, but that doesn't mean our friends shouldn't....? I mean, I know no one directly said our friends didn't deserve to play, but that's how it's coming across to me (yay points of view... :/). If my friends would rather let someone they didn't even know into their server every day, just for an example, and I hardly ever got a chance to play (wow what am I, a poet? I keep accidetnally rhyming; I think I've been writing too much poetry) and they realized that but kept letting the other person in because of the rule, I'd see that as disloyalty. Tbh things like loyalty are more important to me than rules on a game ._.'

Not gonna go any deeper into my opinion because then I'd probably be writing in multiple paragraphs and then end up ranting....
Last edited by Pelican on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunawolf25
Pup
Pup
Location: Some where on earth, in the middle of nowhere. Country of boredom, don't have to know the rest

Post by Lunawolf25 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:38 pm

I understand that people save spots so that they can hang out with their friends but I really think they should make a private game if possible, but in my opinion, it's kinda annoying and mean because they are kicking specific people out. I once met a user and I didn't realize that the user was saving and the user was being mean to me and I told them they should make a private game and the user refused and scolded me with violent words :evil: i keep on telling the server that saving spots is kinda mean and the server left. Open games are for people to let everyone have fun instead of kicking out random people. If I knew how to report I would seriously report that server. So if any of you who are reading this and who likes to save spots: It is an open game! Let people join or else make a private game! :x
(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸˩ʋиα¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)
Ƭнɛʏ αяɛ вяαʌɛ σғ ƨσʋ,
cɛαя σғ ɛʏɛ αи мιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ ƨтяσиɢ σғ ʝαω
тнɛʏ αяɛ σʏα-κιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ κɛɛи тσ ƨcɛит
Ǫʋιcκ тσ 'ғɛи тнɛιя κιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ нσт σғ вσσ
тнɛʏ αяɛ ƨσω тσ ƨιи.
Ǥяɛʏ вяσωи ωнιтɛ вαcκ вσиɛ
ɛαя тαι ραω cαω тσиɢʋɛ
тнɛʏ ραƨ αƨ α ραcκ
αи тнɛʏ мɛт тσɢɛтнɛя
ƨσ тнαт σиɛ ιƨ ραят σғ α
αи α вɛcσмɛ σиɛ.
avvie & sig © lunawolf25(Luna)

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Lunawolf25 wrote:I understand that people save spots so that they can hang out with their friends but I really think they should make a private game if possible, but in my opinion, it's kinda annoying and mean because they are kicking specific people out. I once met a user and I didn't realize that the user was saving and the user was being mean to me and I told them they should make a private game and the user refused and scolded me with violent words

Yeah, you probably should report someone if they were mean to you or used bad language (although I wouldn't report my friends but that's a different story & personal choice), but not everyone can connect to private games :/ I know some of my friends can't. I don't understand why so many people don't consider that people might not be able to connect to a private game... :?:

So if any of you who are reading this and who likes to save spots: It is an open game! Let people join or else make a private game! :x
....I can understand trying to reason someone, but that kind of sounded like you were trying to shove your opinion down peoples' throats.... (I might be wrong but that's just how it came across to me... please don't yell at me or anything if I'm wrong... ._.)

Wofwarrior
Pup
Pup

Post by Wofwarrior » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:32 pm

I believe that saving a spot for one person is alright especially if they bugged out or their game crashed and they are expected back momentarily. However, I find it rude when an open game with extra slots won't allow any new people to join. Open games, as Lunawolf pointed out are meant for everyone to have fun.
Cricket the Quick: Huntress of the Krinex Mountains

Wolves of the West Lands
Come help write the story at:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67979

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 am

Wofwarrior wrote:I believe that saving a spot for one person is alright especially if they bugged out or their game crashed and they are expected back momentarily. However, I find it rude when an open game with extra slots won't allow any new people to join. Open games, as Lunawolf pointed out are meant for everyone to have fun.

I don't see how it's rude if you have 5 spots open, you're taking up one of them but you have 4 friends that want to come in (I do- er, did; one took a leave of absence and two are hardly on WQ anymore).....
Yeah, though, other people should get a chance to play too.

SunnySideUpSmile
Pup
Pup

Post by SunnySideUpSmile » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:41 pm

It's quite annoying, all the: "LEAVE NOW!!!!", "WE'RE SAVING!!!" & "GO!!!" I mean, I understand some people can't do private rooms, but please ask nicely. I don't mind the, "Hi! We are saving a spot for a friend. Can you please leave so that there is room?" I'm perfectly fine with.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that was given to you." ~ Gandalf the Grey, LoTR

"With great power comes great need to take a nap...wake me up later." ~ Nico di Angelo, The Last Olypmian

"...Obnoxious." Haruhi Fujioka, OHSHC
icon (c) by applexpie2

NakuraVanner
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by NakuraVanner » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:00 am

Honestly my opinion depends on the Saving Spot situation

If someone is going

"LEAVE SAVING GO AWAY -.-" Or something very immature or rude I am less likely to leave right away as bad as that sounds before asking them to not be so darn rude.

"Saving can you please leave?" In this case I apologize for going in and leave there are other games to join so its not the end of the world

This happened to me yesterday

"uhh guys we have some friends coming on we need 2 volunteers to leave" The only thing that bothers me is people who have gotten really hyped about the role play are now kinda just kicked out per say? If you want a private game you SHOULD make a private game not kick people out just because you want certain people in the map its not that difficult to set up a private game. I usually end up on this certain hosts games but, I am wary of joining them now and probably wont nab my friends to join in on these specific host held games.

If the host is nice about it I don't mind people crash it happens but situations like Number 1 and 3 make me wish it was kinda rule but at the same time the floods of reports over something like that would clog up reports on other problems like inappropriate behavior during games.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Saving spots in public games is against the rules -- that's what private games are for. Please use the in-game reporting function (in Pack Stats) if someone asks you to leave because they are saving spots.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:28 am

Hi All,

The WolfQuest Team would like to remind you that "saving spots" in public games is not allowed.

We've been getting more reports lately that people are saving spots in public games. This is against the rules. If you want to set up a game with friends, please create a private game and share the game-name and password with them. We provide everything you need to do that quickly and efficiently: Packs, Messaging, and of course Private Games themselves. Public games are just that -- public and open for anyone to join.

If you join a game and someone asks you to leave because they are saving spots, please use the in-game Report function (in Pack Stats) to report it. Players who save spots in public games will receive a warning. Those who continue to break the rules will lose the option of text chat in public games.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

Aquila K9
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Aquila

Post by Aquila K9 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:52 pm

I have been finding lately that people making public games will now just kick you right out of the game as soon as you enter. Since it's the first time entering the game, I can only assume they are doing it to save spots...that being said, I'd rather have someone ask me nicely to leave instead of being kicked for no reason. And you can't report the game after you're kicked because you can't find it again. :evil: That is just the epitome of rude.
_.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._
Look in the Shadows, 'cause you're not alone.
My heart and soul you'll always own.
Fate is not at all set in stone...
_.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._
Signature by Blackburn

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”