Favorite Den

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Whats your favorite den?

Saddle Meadows
29%
Aspen Heights
19%
Bison Creek Cutoff
32%
Slough Creek
15%
I dont really care
4%
Den?
1%

Total votes: 390

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Favorite Den

Post by Koa » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:33 am

I agree on the Slough Creek (East Creek?) den. Whenever I play on "Bring it On!" the den becomes fairly helpful given its proximity to the cattle ranch which makes for quick progression.

SunnySideUpSmile
Pup
Pup

Post by SunnySideUpSmile » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:45 am

My favorite den is the Bison Creek Cutoff. I like it because it has a lot of food lying around, and the way to the rendezvous site is fairly short and simple. The eagles were quite annoying; they killed my three pups. Bears are very frequent, and you need to cross the river...twice. But otherwise, Bison Peak is my favorite. :D

Saddle Meadows are great, the route to the rendezvous point is short, and easy, but the eagles are very annoying, even when you only have two pups, because your mate will not carry the other pup(s) unless he wants too. Otherwise, the scenery and food are great. Coyotes are a pain, though. :shock:

Aspen Heights has a great view, and the ranch is nearby, but you have to travel quite a ways to get to the rendezvous point, and with 4 pups, it's super hard. *coughcough eagles coughcough* Also, that farmer and the cows......Grr! :roll:

Slough Creek den is...... :evil: Everytime I "settle" there, my pups are moved to Bison Creek Cutoff. I don't mind, seeing as that's my favorite den site, but....GAH! It's so frustrating wanting to settle in a nice place with beautiful scenery.....only to be moved to a place with a dead tree, and lots of bears. The one time I settled there, there were tons of bears and coyotes, and I had to go hunting almost every day to keep my and my pups strength up. :?
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that was given to you." ~ Gandalf the Grey, LoTR

"With great power comes great need to take a nap...wake me up later." ~ Nico di Angelo, The Last Olypmian

"...Obnoxious." Haruhi Fujioka, OHSHC
icon (c) by applexpie2

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:36 pm

Since WQ 2.7 fixed the carcass problem in Slough Creek, I've found myself choosing Bison Peak more often than I did in 2.5. (In the earlier version that den seemed to have more carcasses and predators than the other three.) Saddle Meadows is still my preference as it is closer to the rendezvous spot than Aspen Heights, and the river crossing is less complicated than Bison Peak or East Creek.
The only issue I had with that den is that the rival pack's territory is in close proximity to the elk hunting ground. Once I unintentionally chased a cow elk into there, and was unable to go any further since your wolf is unable to cross the boundary.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

Riverstorms
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: River

Post by Riverstorms » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:39 pm

In version 2.5 my favorite is Bison Peak Cutoff, the tree den. Although it's the longest journey ever, and you have to cross the creek twice, it's pretty good. Not to mention hawks which are such a pain and the coyotes are annoying. The first time I was reading the completion thing, a hawk took 1 of the 2 I was able to keep alive. :/
Keep calm and love animals

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:30 pm

My favorite den nowadays would have to be the East Creek den, as now it isn't a glitch city and it has a nice view with location good for hunting and safety. I used to prefer Saddle Meadows, but I've grown adverse to it due to the large amount of MP games that use this den much too frequently, and it gets to be boring.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:04 am

Aspen Heights would probably have to be my favorite, with the East Creek den as a close second.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:23 am

I actually don't really have a favorite. I pick what I feel like playing in the sense of challenging or easy.
Saddle Meadows: quickest journey to the rendezvous site, which makes it a quick easy game to play
Aspen Heights: Farthest from the rendezvous site, makes more of a challenge towards the end
Bison Peak: this one is in the middle, not too much of a challenge, but not too easy since there are two crossings
Slough Creek: Not a challenge in the journey sense, but the fact that it is farther from food (I really only play multiplayer games, so the cattle ranch isn't there)
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

Xela Winchester
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Xela Winchester » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:29 pm

I have to say the Slough Creek (East Creek) den is my favourite simply because it's one of the more secluded dens, yet still fairly close to a hunting ground and the summer rendezvous.
"Are you chasing something, or running away?"
-The Outsider, Dishonored

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:52 pm

My favorite den is the Bison Creek Cutoff Den. However, I am FINALLY trying the Saddle Meadows den today!! Wish me luck!
☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾
Here in the Land of the Forgotten, we live to please the dead. The living no longer matter.
"Will you stay?" "Will you stay?"
☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾
Sig: Para // Av: Lupe

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:54 am

• I never really had a preferred den, but I think Bison Peak Cutoff would be my favourite.
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:06 pm

I’m just going to quickly point out it’s Bison ‘Peak’ Cuttoff, not bison Creek Cuttoff cx.

I don’t normally have a favourites, but if I had to pick to one it would probably have to be Aspen Heights
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

SkollWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Skoll

Post by SkollWolf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Mine has to be Saddle Meadows. It's the easiest, and I think that's why I like it so much! The hunting grounds are near, there are no rival packs nearby and the summer den is relatively close? Besides, I know exactly where the river's shallow parts are since I always choose this den. I tried Bison Peak Cutoff once but I couldn't figure out how to cross Sandbar Crossing without drowning the pups, and I'm slightly hesitant about trying Aspen Heights yet.
"The soul that
sees beauty
m
ay sometimes
w
alk alone."

Playing WolfQuest since 2008.

WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfDragonPlasma » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 am

Saddle Meadows has become my preferred place to raise pups at, namely because you only have to worry about crossing the creek once, and it's the den closest to the summer site.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:25 am

My favourite den is Slough Creek, as you can actually get inside it by jumping through the walls. It has a nice view, and it's just a short walk away from the river.
Last edited by ForeverEverest on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:36 pm

I didn't vote at all because it didn't list East Creek! East Creek is my den --you unlock it by reaching 15,000xp. You also unlock the White Puppy with 10,000xp, plus an achievement called "Fairest of Them All". My second favorite den would be Saddle Meadows because it's closest to the summer site where you bring your pups. :)

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”