.::: Mate 'IQ' :::.

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

What's your mate's 'IQ' out of ten?

10 (Best)
15%
7-9
35%
4-6
30%
1-3 (Worst)
20%

Total votes: 640

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Re: .::: Mate 'IQ' :::.

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:00 pm

My mate is pretty average (meaning good/normal), but sometimes has a brain-fart or too. =P

Anwar56
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Anwar56 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:29 am

My mate, To be heartful, Is slightly abnormal and weird, But he cam be kind at times, Even though he drowned Kurroh, The most precious pup of the litter, HE WAS PURE WHITE ASWELL! To be fair though, Coma wasn't the only one.

My other character, Coal, Her mate was perfect, But to be a bit more specific, He sometimes annoyed me, by stupidly running around in circles whenever I went hunting, And he suddenly started randomly dropping the pups in random places. I hated it when he just sat there and let the coyotes go wherever like they own the place.
his name was Cuckoo, LOL!

So yeah.

Coma: 9/10
Cucko: 1/10
They all deserve to die.
Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why.

there was a barber and his wife~
And he was beautiful~
A proper artist with a knife~
But they transported him for life~
color]-

koolkatkoolkat123
Pup
Pup

Post by koolkatkoolkat123 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:53 pm

My current mate is pretty thick, we hunt together then i eat first then he walks into the kill and keeps walking. Hes about to die and he still won't eat (Not sure this is a glitch or not) Then he gets stuck somewhere so i have to go back and get him

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 pm

koolkatkoolkat123 wrote:My current mate is pretty thick, we hunt together then i eat first then he walks into the kill and keeps walking. Hes about to die and he still won't eat (Not sure this is a glitch or not) Then he gets stuck somewhere so i have to go back and get him
I think it is a glitch. My wolf's mate does that too sometimes.

koolkatkoolkat123
Pup
Pup

Post by koolkatkoolkat123 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:08 pm

koolkatkoolkat123 wrote:My current mate is pretty thick, we hunt together then i eat first then he walks into the kill and keeps walking. Hes about to die and he still won't eat (Not sure this is a glitch or not) Then he gets stuck somewhere so i have to go back and get him
(Thanks for the thing about the glitch)

Arghh it gets so much worse, i needed to go eat food badly and he decided to race off and do some hunting so i had to stay with the cubs. Then a coyote decided to try and eat one of my cubs and he ran off again to hunt, i tried to chase the coyote away but it was in among my cubs so i kept getting turned around. It ended up killing one of my poor cubs just as my mate came back. He got a little better on the journey as he kept picking up my last two cubs (One got taken away by a hawk, i don't mind i was planning to drown him) but he only went after the cubs that lagged behind when i put my cub down and went after it so we left the other one unguarded

My last mate helped me get all four puppies to the summer den, he fed them and picked them up though he left one in the river but there must have been a glitch cause it wasn't drowning. He chased off two eagles and helped me kill coyotes but he left me to deal with the bears, thanks Timber. Still i managed to get them all there

alexterri2
Pup
Pup

Post by alexterri2 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:38 am

I know that this topic is pretty much dead, but I would be interested in seeing the responses to this after 2.7 and improved A.I comes out

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:34 pm

alexterri2 wrote:I know that this topic is pretty much dead, but I would be interested in seeing the responses to this after 2.7 and improved A.I comes out
Interesting point indeed. I'd like to think that people regard their mates as having a "higher IQ" due to the overhauled AI, meaning that they should be a bit more helpful. At least based on what I've played during beta testing, the mate's AI is greatly improved and they are alot more useful (e.g. more helpful during hunting) than in previous versions. I'll be interested in seeing what's said!
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:57 pm

With old WQ, as I haven't played much of 2.7, my mate was dumb. One time, and I think it was a glitch, he took one of my pups and drowned it. It wasn't even time to leave for the summer.
Avvie by me
Only those willing to listen may hold that passionate flame to lead others
Siggie by me
Like Warrior Cats? Come check out my RP Forum at: http://thelandofwarmmists.proboards.com/

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Mates are a lot more intelligent and helpful in 2.7 for sure. Now they don't run in circles and shove you around and drown your pups, but their pathfinding can be off sometimes. Word of advice: don't get a mate in Lost River if you're planning on exploring - you'll basically have to babysit them and hold their hand to get them around most of the obstacles.
deviantArt | Wolf Comic Reviews | WolfQuest Blog
The Beaver Theory
Lost River will never be the same.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Dorken wrote:Mates are a lot more intelligent and helpful in 2.7 for sure. Now they don't run in circles and shove you around and drown your pups,
Great! Though that is a rather low bar to clear.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:24 pm

The mates in 2.7 are so much more intelligent. I love it!
my wolf's mate was even this smart that she knew she had to cross the river; she grabbed the pup and ran in front of me, showing me the save route to take through the river, and placed the pup down on the other side safely before returning, grabbing the other pup and doing the same thing again. :'D
Like, my wolf's mate actually took charge while you should be doing that with your wolf, so amazing!

There was only one time she froze and I could push her around, but that was easily solved by saving and reloading the game. c;
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:12 pm

For some reason my mate in singleplayer didn't bother to attack coyotes that were coming once in a while, it made me a tad bit upset. However I love the animal's new AIs and I love how the coyotes now actually go for the pups.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:20 pm

I think I got a dumb one lol...found him in the Lost River map and I keep losing him. Around the water towers or if I go for a swim in Allison Acres....wonder if he is scared of water.

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:20 pm

I've noticed that in the new versions, mates know how to take care of themselves while hunting elk. Rather than just attacking until they die and respawn, they walk away (maybe to a carcass?) and come back to you with full health. Although, in the demo my mate doesn't help me out when I'm attacking coyotes.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

Azuris
Pup
Pup
Name: Azu, Azure

Post by Azuris » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:01 pm

The mate in WolfQuest 2.5 is actually kinda weird to me xD whenever i stop running/walking the mate always has to make one full circle just to return to my wolf, and whenever my wolf howls, the mate howls as well but pushes me off and returns to normal again :|
So ima rate the mate in WQ 2.5 a 4.6/10 ._.

The new version in WQ however, is really intelligent, much better than the 2.5 if you compare them side by side, the mate knows how to hunt much better than the previous one tbh... And i feel so much comfortable and easy to hunt and complete the game with him :3
So an obvious 10/10 on this new version, well done x3
(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ʌȥυяɪʂ¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)

Δи Ɩ'ʌɛ вɛɛи ωяσиɢ, Ɩ'ʌɛ вɛɛи σωи
βɛɛи тσ тнɛ вσттσм σғ ɛʌɛяʏ вσттɛ
Ƭнɛƨɛ ғιʌɛ ωσяƨ ιи мʏ нɛα
Ƨcяɛαм "Δяɛ ωɛ нαʌιиɢ ғʋи ʏɛт?"

Avvie/Sig©by:Me
Avvie shop

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”