.::: Mate 'IQ' :::.

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

What's your mate's 'IQ' out of ten?

10 (Best)
15%
7-9
35%
4-6
30%
1-3 (Worst)
20%

Total votes: 640

Brista
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: .::: Mate 'IQ' :::.

Post by Brista » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:23 am

My mate is about a 8.6 he hunts and somehow manages to feed all the pups at once, and if I make the first move attacking a coyote he will kill it. Unfortunatly he will run into the den on occasion but not for very long. I havn't gotten to the final journey yet but I don't think he will drown any....
UOTM October 2012

PurpleCherries
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by PurpleCherries » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:32 pm

My mate is somewhat smart. He feeds the pups, takes them back to the den after they wander off, and helps me hunt. When I choose the den at Bison Peak, he gets stuck right behind the tree and runs in place. It's really frustrating. Other than that, he is absolutely perfect! :D
The spaces between your fingers were created so another's could fill them.
-Anonymous

You know you're not a kid anymore when you fall asleep on the couch and wake up on the couch.
-Anonymous

battlerose
Pup
Pup

Post by battlerose » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:04 pm

ugh. my mate is very very very very very to infinity STUPID. he will kidnap the pups one by one and drown them!!! when i kill a bunny for myself he eats it! and when bob comes to attack the pups he just stands there casually. he wont help kill the elk either. -.-
92% of teens would cry if they saw Justin Bieber about to jump off a cliff. 5% would sit there with popcorn yelling DO A FLIP! Put this on your signature if your the 3% that would PUSH HIM OFF!!!

HowlOfAShadowWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by HowlOfAShadowWolf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:26 pm

My mate was pretty good, He went off to hunt for a little while then would let me go and get a break. He would also chase off bears and coyotes.

The only things that annoyed me was that he would get stuck behind the den sometimes and when I went to the Cattle ranch he left our pups alone to come hunt me down.

But, He was pretty good at helping.
That's a very nice face ya got Dar... It would be a shame if anything were ta happen to it.....

Avatar (c) http://media-mcw.cursecdn.com/5/50/Avatar_Creeper_100x100.jpg

Swordmaster757
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Swordmaster757 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Ok. So far I've had three mates...

Me: Oldfang
Mate: Icefang

Icefang was a good mate. She hunted for the pack, helped me fend off predators, bears included, helped me hunt, and would sometimes attack predators before I did. She brought pups back to the den when they needed to learn to stay there so that I could keep the markings up. She rarely got stuck also. On the final journey, she only left when the pups needed food. She brought pups to me, and was very useful. All in all, i'd probably rate her as a 10.

Me: ?
Her: Ice

Ice, unlike icefang was/is certifiably insane. She's a wild, uncouth, rabid wild beast wild a strong case of ADHD, and that's helped and hurt me. My character on this file has no speed. He's strickly power, with moderate stamina. That said, he can kill what he catches...its just that he can't catch anything. I even have to angle catch hares, and elk I have to trap. He has no capabilities of keeping up with a coyote, so in his own way, he needs her and doesn't need her. Ice is a true killer of coyotes. She has a very odd strategy for everything that she kills....Run it over. This includes me. If I'm in the way, or stalking my prey...Ice will be moving and pushing me forward. This has a disadvantage to it as Ice has repeatedly moved while I was still trying to target the weakest elk. She ran forward spooked the pack, attacked nothing, and happily as ever came back to me...that or pushed me so far that the pack got spooked. I haven't played with her and pups yet...but insane wolf that she is, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. So far, I rank her a 4. Her speed...which ? doesn't have, and her love of killing coyotes...which ? can't catch is the only reason that she
s that high.

Me: Oddfang
Mate: Breeze

Breeze was good. She was similiar to Icefang in all aspects. Breeze loved to hunt more, and wasn't the quickest to help against predators, but she did help a few times. In the final mission, Breeze was overprotective of the pups some by making sure that she moved them with me no matter what. Still, she did fend off the eagle when I lagged, and didn't abandon the pups when they were in trouble. All in all, I'd rate Breeze a 9. Her only other weakness was that she'd gltich behind the den sometimes.

silvywolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At the Slendy donation center. WHY YOU PEOPLE STEAL HIS PAPERS. WHY.

Post by silvywolfy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Mate is 7-9. He has seemed to get smarter throughout my years of playing. Right now he won't hunt for my pups... which is quite irritating. But he helps defend our pups from predators. Which is fine, because I just pick up carcasses on the way ^^.
- MOVING ACCOUNTS IN A DAY OR TWO -

New account will be: Silvy_Courage

darkshadow626
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by darkshadow626 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:07 pm

I'd say my mate is a 7-9 she is a good mate and knows what to do and where to be she also helps out with the pups really well.
...(¨*.¸´.¸Soul Mountain Clan¸.´¸.*¨)NightHunter
.....Soul Mountain Pack:SilverSky,BlackFur
............Frozen Lake Pack:IceBlade
........Lightning Fire Field Pack:FireEyes
.....Dark Shadow Forest Pack:NightHunter
...Great Northern Winds Pack:HawkFeathers
.Avatars DO NOT belong to me!We did edit them to look like our wolves though.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:17 am

My Mate Copper, wasn't the smartest this time, so I'd give him a 5.6 to the least. He'll hunt and stay around the pups for a while, but then just wander off. So having that ideal isn't very smart, but he's catching up.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Emiere
Pup
Pup

Post by Emiere » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:48 pm

• My wolf's mate [Shilo] is alright. She dosen't do much in terms of training the pups or marking the territory, but she is pretty much always hunting, and when she comes back to the den she'll stay and protect the pups if I go off to hunt. She was also a big help during the journey to the rendezvous site, too; she'd always carry the pups across the water while I went off to get food, or defend against some predator. Overall, I'd give my wolf's mate an eight.
olay -> emiere

Tatkret
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tatkret » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 pm

My mate, Eagle, was a 3-5. He was always hunting and never defended our pups from predators. If I was running while holding a pup, he'd pick another one up and carry it to wherever I was. Once, he set a pup down right in front of a grizzly.It was my favorite, Flower. She survived, luckily. Eagle saved the pups from dying of hunger on several occasions. He fed my pups, but when I got all four to the summer rendezvous point, he was in Amethyst Mountain hunting. Flower kept wandering off the rendezvous point, but eventually Eagle came back and we won the game.
"Drift like
snow, hold like frost, stand strong like ice, and shine like the
aurora knowing that your pack will believe in you and support
you."-Tatkret, leader of the Arctic Aurora Pack

whisperer
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by whisperer » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:33 pm

I rate my first wolf, Dusk's mate, at 8 because he was genuinely helpful at looking after the pups and stalking prey, and he was so determined. I loved him sooo much, before I lost the game when I got a new computer. :D
My second wolf, Serenity's mate called Hawk, I would give 3 because, when in Amethyst Mountain, he ran off for ten minutes and left me standing there howling for ages, and he kept getting sidetracked. He did come back eventually...And he would constantly almost kill himself whilst hunting, or run off in mid-hunt.
Then in Slough Creek, he ran off with my favorite pup half an hour into the game, after running off for ages just before I got the pups, and didn't come back no matter how many times I howled. When I restarted the game he was there...but...no fourth pup. He constantly disappears all the time.
:(
The people who say anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door! ~ Me

http://whisperer96.deviantart.com/

CookiePup
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by CookiePup » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Mine is very active, frequently runs to the elk area and comes back and feeds the pups. But he recently took a pup in his mouth and ran around the den like mad - with the pup in his mouth. He also gets bored when we're running and runs in an S form. Ha ha, he's like a teenager. XD I don't know what his parenting IQ is, but as far as humour goes he's a 10! =D
whisperer wrote:I rate my first wolf, Dusk's mate, at 8 because he was genuinely helpful at looking after the pups and stalking prey, and he was so determined. I loved him sooo much, before I lost the game when I got a new computer. :D
My second wolf, Serenity's mate called Hawk, I would give 3 because, when in Amethyst Mountain, he ran off for ten minutes and left me standing there howling for ages, and he kept getting sidetracked. He did come back eventually...And he would constantly almost kill himself whilst hunting, or run off in mid-hunt.
Then in Slough Creek, he ran off with my favorite pup half an hour into the game, after running off for ages just before I got the pups, and didn't come back no matter how many times I howled. When I restarted the game he was there...but...no fourth pup. He constantly disappears all the time.
:(
Who knew Fear of Commitment existed amongst wolves. XD

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Please do not double-post, Cookiepup. If you have something to add, and no one has posted since your last post, please use the "Edit" button instead.
Thanks ^^
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

BlackBubblegumX
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BlackBubblegumX » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:41 pm

(male) Storm - Rate 5/10

He was good at some points until you got to the final chapter. I would bring the pups across the river, and then he come across and bring them back to where I had started. It frustrated me, and I ended up surviving with one pup (Coco) Plus he ran off in the middle of the journey all the way back to the den and never came back, I howled about 6 times, and still nothing, I had to save and reload.
•*¨*• ƸӜƷ One Direction ƸӜƷ •*¨*•
════════════════
You'll never love yourself Half as much as I love you
You'll never treat yourself right darlin' But i want you to.

•*¨*•*¨*•*¨*•*¨*•*¨*•*¨*•
════════════════

Chizuru Yukimaru
Pup
Pup
Location: With Souji, Saituo, Heisuke, Lenalee, Soul, and Karkette, squished in your Closet

Post by Chizuru Yukimaru » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:05 pm

My mate, is the reason why I only have 1 Pup left... Poor Rift... Anyways, If i had to rate him, I would rate him... 1/1000... He is really terrible I mean it...
Like He would take one of my pups to the hawk and suddenly let it take them away!
Then he would drown one of them!
Then he left one in front of a Coyote... That was pretty STUP.ID of HIM!
If Death Is Kind
Perhaps if death is kind, and there can be returning,
We will come back to earth some fragrant night,
And take these lanes to find the sea, and bending,
Breathe the same honeysuckle, low and white.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”