WolfQuest Pups - General Discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Rakkae
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WolfQuest Pups - General Discussion

Post by Rakkae » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:24 pm

dead

Star Pack:
Rakkae (me) - The perfect parent, trying to keep all her pups alive. Wants to kill her mate.
Kelar (my mate) - Really not smart. At all. And is a terrible parent. Whenever I take one pup a few feet forward in the journey, he just walks next to me without a pup, then follows me back while I get another. As I'm getting the last pup (Usually Karden, if he hasn't followed my mate already), Kelar will carry another pup to me. And if that isn't bad enough, he ALWAYS runs off whenever he sees Bob, and leaves me to defend the pups by myself.
Our pups:
Karden - Pherra looked up to him. Whenever I carried him, Pherra would follow me around. He usually followed my mate, though, which led to him almost getting killed by Bob... a lot. He took after his dad, which means he was an idiot. His father drowned him.
Pherra - The poor, innocent little girl who was killed by a coyote, but her father had a hand in it. She loved her brother Karden a lot, and I like to think that she tried to keep him out of trouble. She died because while I was getting food and left my mate with the pups (big mistake there), my mate brought her close to me and dropped her right in front of a coyote that just appeared out of nowhere. I didn't even get the chance to chase the thing away before it killed her and ran off. Kelar then ran off and didn't come back for a while. Good riddance.
Akkir - My perfect little Akkir! She's the only pup that looks exactly like her mother, and the loyal little pup takes after her too. She's smart, and always stays by my side when I'm carrying one of her siblings. She stays put when I need her to, and actually AVOIDS water, bears, and coyotes. And her father, thank gosh.
Croatoan - Maybe I should've known that the name was a curse. Anyway, he's the troublemaker of the pack, and never lets me forget it. He wanders off on his own a lot, but always manages to find his way back to the rest of the pack. He's the kind of pup that would bring a coyote to the pack, and while it's killing his siblings, he'd ask, "Can I keep it?" Despite his troublesome behavior, he's one of my favorite pups, because he knows enough to avoid his dad.
I'm on the journey right now. I'm so close... AKKIR, CROATOAN, LIVE!
"What're you gonna do, poke her with a stick? ...Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick!" -Sam from Supernatural

Wonderland Summer
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wonderland Summer » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:12 am

Well, after alot of work with my back hurting from being hunched over the computer for so long, I finally got three puppies past the Defend The Den mission!
Key
RED~ Dead
Green~ Alive
♂~ Male
♀~ Female

Nala~ The first born and most well behaved pup of the litter. She has white fur and a stubby tail. She is a ♀.

Cali~ The trouble maker! He is always getting away, he even walked almost to the Bison Peak den! He is brown. He is a ♂.

Fang~ Fang is the one who's always on guard. Always by the den or begging for food, this brown pup will always be the loyal wolf of the bunch. He is a ♂.

Sita~ She was always Nala's best friend, and it was my fault she died. I was going to try a glitch where your pup is in the Cattle Ranch, so I took her across part of the river, but I couldn't turn around. She died in the river. Sita was brown, and was a ♀.
¨¨
|¨ Wonderland Summer ¨|
It's all fun and games
till somebody loses their
|..╚═ MIND ═╝..|
¨¨
Signature - Raven
Lyrics- Taylor Swift's Wonderland

PowerOfTheStorm
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Wolf Pups - General Discussion

Post by PowerOfTheStorm » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Ratlover4194 wrote:
wolf-lover3390 wrote:I'm happy right now,I figured out how to get more than two color's of pups.kind of..
Heres a screenshot:

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zxisp.png

And I do have to think of names for them. :lol:
How did you do that??! O.O I've tried so hard to get more than two colors of pups in a litter. I can't even seem to get a white pup- not pure white or white with non-white parents. How did you DO that!? I MUST know! XD

On a side note, with one of my pairs, I am white and my mate is black. All I can seem to get is three dark brown and one white like me- no pure white or mixed--grayish. I'm frustrated because I want them all to be different, or at least have three different colors. Can someone tell me if this is possible?? Thanks! :mrgreen:[/quot

ok this is how to get 3 diffrent colourd pups

1 u and ur mate MUST b diffrent coulors
2 kill em all a brown tab comes up with 2 options "reload saved game" and "reastart with pups" the new pups will be the 2 diffrent coulours of u and ur mate
3 when u bump in2 a stranger get 53000 exp and ur 1stborn pup will turn white
WOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ...WQ...wot obsseion?

Wonderland Summer
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wonderland Summer » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:33 am

~My Second Family~
Koi- The mother of the bunch, and my character.
Ahrirang- Koi's mate. Not only is he loyal, but he actually doesn't try to drown the pups!

~The Pups~
Blossom- The pup who follows Mommy around... ALL the time. She always stays by the den, ignores my mate, and eats. ALOT.
Sushi- My baby boy whom I love so much. He is my favorite♥. He laways stays by the den and is well-behaved. He's the only boy
in the litter.
Love- Just a little sweetheart. Love is the mischevious one, but is also very sweet.
Faith- Was on the edge of starving, no carcasses in sight, until my mate went and took her to Canyon Cliffs and fed her. He still
hasn't brought her back, though. :/ I have too. Grr...
¨¨
|¨ Wonderland Summer ¨|
It's all fun and games
till somebody loses their
|..╚═ MIND ═╝..|
¨¨
Signature - Raven
Lyrics- Taylor Swift's Wonderland

PowerOfTheStorm
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by PowerOfTheStorm » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:07 pm

ive got new pack so i thought i would post it here

Leap- light browny-orange fur with darker brown fur covering her head and a bit of her back. also has light sprinkles of black. light underbelly
Hawk-white male with light patches of grey and a few sprinkles of black
Burn-male pup. light browny-orange fur with a darker head and paws (named after The Burn in Amathyst Mountin)
Echo-female pup,looks like Burn (named after Leaps mother)
Oak-male pup looks like Echo and Burn (named after there den since its a tree)
Fog-male pup white with grey patches looks just like his father (named because he grey :D )
WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ WQ...WQ...wot obsseion?

Kindwing
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kindwing » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:51 pm

I've completed two games so I have eight living pups. The ones from the first game are Star, Huntress, Deerspot, and Moon. The ones from the second game are named Dawn, Sunlight, Dusk, and Night. Star, Huntress, Deerspot, and Moon were a bit more obedient and easier to keep up with and feed, while the other pups were harder. Star was an albino while all of the other pups were the dull brown they usually are, but I still love them all :)

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:15 pm

This is a bit of a bump, but Wolfquest 2.7 just came out!

So far I've had two litters of pups in 2.7 with my wolf, Caligo.

The first litter was odd, I loaded up an autosave and it was on the 'Find a den' mission, but there was no mate! When the pups came they were all a stormy grey, looking nothing like myself. I saved and reloaded and they were brown, and stayed that way! They all were males and they all reminded me of foxes. The pups were all raised and kept alive (at least half of them) without a mate on the Challenging difficulty. It was a huge risk leaving my pups behind on the journey to the Rendezvous Site because a predator could easily spring out of the grasses and eat one!

The eldest was Rontu. Rontu became my favorite, but he was eaten when I was out for food shortly after we left on the Summer Journey.

The second oldest was Phoenix. He became another favorite, but as soon as he acquired that status he perished when I wasn't far away. The coyote that killed him got his punishment, though.

The second youngest was Culpeo (a type of fox). I never was fond of him until midway through the journey, where he and his brother was the only pups left. He was a lazy pup, always just plopping down. When Rontu and Phoenix died he kept trying to turn back, I think he was a bit traumatized by their deaths. He grew stronger, though, and soon learned to plod onwards without looking back. I plan to use him for multiplayer Co-Op, with the story going that he decided to help keep other pups alive and save them from the journey being arduous and tragic.

The youngest was Valpix (originally known as Vulpix, I discovered I didn't like that name that much). He was a strong pup who often starved but still was relentless. He and his brother Culpeo were the only survivors. Valpix is probably going to go into Lost River, exploring and finding a mate.

Litter 2 was with my mate, Chayton. They were originally born first, but I completed the Slough Creek arc with the litter I raised as a single mom first, and it fit better with the storyline of my wolf's life.

The eldest was Azzuen. Azzuen had a lot to live up to and wished to be a hero like his younger brother was. He died an unknown death, but I do know he was protecting his little sister, Meera. In the end he became great just like he wanted to be. Azzuen always seemed energetic and over-confident. Azzuen was the only pup that died on the journey.

The second oldest was Peregrin. Peregrin had his shining minute when he was staring off into the grasses. When I walked over to him a coyote revealed itself, and was promptly killed by myself. Peregrin is sharp like the falcon his name came from. He was a favorite of his father, Chayton, because 'Chayton' also means falcon.

The second youngest was Tenebris. Tenebris was his mother's favorite, partially because his name was considered for her as well as having the same origin and similar meaning. Tenebris never caused his mother trouble even though he was the pup that was mostly left behind or partially starved. I never saw him with the others, he was rather aloof. Tenebris probably possessed quiet strength and his name seems rather fitting.

Meera was the youngest, the only female pup and the only pup that was brown like Chayton. She was timid and petite and was slightly pampered by her mother and father both. Meera saw her own brother die before her, hungered and marched for miles but she still stayed strong. Meera looked similar to the pups that Caligo adopted, another reason she was dear.

I'm still deciding which pup will carry on Caligo's legacy.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:31 am

duskypack wrote:This is a bit of a bump, but Wolfquest 2.7 just came out!

So far I've had two litters of pups in 2.7 with my wolf, Caligo.

The first litter was odd, I loaded up an autosave and it was on the 'Find a den' mission, but there was no mate! When the pups came they were all a stormy grey, looking nothing like myself. I saved and reloaded and they were brown, and stayed that way! They all were males and they all reminded me of foxes. The pups were all raised and kept alive (at least half of them) without a mate on the Challenging difficulty. It was a huge risk leaving my pups behind on the journey to the Rendezvous Site because a predator could easily spring out of the grasses and eat one!
I've never heard of that before. Sounds pretty weird and glitchy, but cool in some way? o:

I haven't played WolfQuest 2.7 much yet but I've finished Slough Creek once in the new version; it was with my wolf Hywell and his mate Ceila. She was the smart mate I talked about in the other topic, the one that carried the pups through the river without me knowing, and without drowing any of them. xD

But that aside, they had four puppies. Two were brown like my wolf and the other two were my wolf's coat but a lighter color, the original version. Those two lighter colored pups died sadly, and I have no way of retrieving them and finding out their names (I forgot their names) because I accidentally deleted the safe file... But the two darker brown puppies are named Keylie and Vello, a female and male.
I made it to the Rendezvous Site with these two, the others died by a predator wold near the den and a coyote while on the journey (I didn't see the coyote at all in the long grass so I had no idea where it had spawned or where it was at that moment).
Poor little things.

Edit: The other two lighter colored puppies were named Zar and Luna, a male and female. I remembered I had recorded the game for my playthroughs on my YouTube channel so went to my page and searched through the videos for their names. xD
. - Jeames - .

For the last time,
I am a STICK okay?!?!
Oh and I own Paradiigm.
Now I must go annoy Dom.
sig/av ↝ Paradiigm/noir_187

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:11 am

I haven't had any puppies of my own yet in 2.7, but I have played the Co-op mission. I enjoy the diverse set of coat colors that came with it, and the more challenging effect of raising pups--even with as many helpers as I could get! The pups were usually a gray-ish, like myself.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:41 pm

What coat colors for parents produce the best variety of pup colors? My wolf Rustic is sort of an orange brown:
http://s968.photobucket.com/user/timber ... sort=3&o=0

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Rustic wrote:What coat colors for parents produce the best variety of pup colors? My wolf Rustic is sort of an orange brown:
http://s968.photobucket.com/user/timber ... sort=3&o=0
Well, 'best' is subjective. That being said, take a look at this inheritance chart: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77567

I believe the pups have a 50/50 chance of inheriting their coat colour from you or your mate. I think your tint matters as well.

EDIT: If you're in multiplayer, if the wolves in the game are varied in colour, each pup can have a different coat colour. Its pretty neat.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:23 am

I think a really neat little addition to 2.7 is that pups actually have genders now.

I know they're probably chosen at random, but which one occurs most frequently for everybody? I seem to get half male and half female and all male the most often.
deviantArt | Wolf Comic Reviews | WolfQuest Blog
The Beaver Theory
Lost River will never be the same.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:11 am

Dorken wrote:I think a really neat little addition to 2.7 is that pups actually have genders now.

I know they're probably chosen at random, but which one occurs most frequently for everybody? I seem to get half male and half female and all male the most often.
Hmmm, quite interesting...

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:30 pm

I mostly see three of one gender and coat (my coat, usually) and one with a differing gender and my mate's coat. It's a bit annoying because I really want to see more pups like my mate ;-;
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

naruto10482
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by naruto10482 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:44 am

Since recently returning to WolfQuest ive had five litters of pups and continuing to have more. What i like to do is follow the pups lives into adulthood and their lives with their pups
(Main Pack) Bear+Star
[L1]
Celestial(Female), Sarge(Male), Toto(Male), Soul(Male[Died])
[L2]
Ash(Male), Cheza(Female), Lace(Female), Amber(Female)
[L3]
Kage(Male), Junior(Male), Bane(Male), Nyla(Female)

(Adult Celestial)Celestial+Max(her mate)
[L1]
Honey(Female), Ayah(Female), Lady(Female), Ghost(Male)

(Adult Sarge)Sarge+Yana(his mate)
[L1]
Koba(Male), Solo(Male), Tamu(Female), Unknown( i think unknown is a pretty unique name. Female[Died by an EVIL EAGLE :evil: ] those Are ALL my pups so far
...............(\(|
_..____../{ "-;
//) )___\..;'` Foxes gotta love em!83
. (( |__||\\

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”