WolfQuest Pups - General Discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

brightstar99
Yearling
Yearling

Re: WolfQuest Pups - General Discussion

Post by brightstar99 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:07 pm

one of my familys: wolf's name: cinder-- a dark gray female wolf with few black spots and tail tip.

mate's name: dustpelt-- is a dark cream and brown male wolf with black spots.

pups:

puppy 1: is a dark gray wolf pup ( unknown gender and puppy 1 got killed by a cowtoye).

night: is a very gray male wolf pup with darker paws,tail tip and head and he has black spots too. name after one of my friend's character, blackwarrior.

glissen: is a normal gray female wolf pup with darker spots. name after one of my friend's character, leaderofdreams.

dove: is a pale gray female wolf pup.

Tanaxinkka
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tanaxinkka » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:41 pm

I just came across this discussion and noticed how everyone seems to have different colored pups.

So I was just a little curious if it takes a particular pelt color pairing to get a certain color of pups or if it's all random?

Cause I already know how to get the white pup but otherwise all my playing experience with WQ has ended up with one color per litter >.>

Tori the wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tori the wolf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:44 pm

My pup are a pest cute creature!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:32 am

Tanaxinkka wrote:I just came across this discussion and noticed how everyone seems to have different colored pups.

So I was just a little curious if it takes a particular pelt color pairing to get a certain color of pups or if it's all random?

Cause I already know how to get the white pup but otherwise all my playing experience with WQ has ended up with one color per litter >.>
The following quote should hopefully help answer this ^^
Your pups’ fur color is determined by you and your mate’s fur colors, and close-to-real genetics associated with those fur colors. Some colors are more commonly seen in the real wolf world, so those colors are also more common in the game. If you want your pups to have a better chance of being a specific color, find a mate with your preferred fur color. The exception to this is the pure white pup, which can be attained through experience points. (Read “What are experience points and what do they do?” in this section of the FAQs for more details.) Wolves are usually all born with a dark fur color, and take a while to develop their grown-up fur markings.
Source: WolfQuest FAQ; Why do my pups have dark fur even my wolf has light-colored - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=34828
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:46 am

brightstar99 wrote:one of my familys: wolf's name: cinder-- a dark gray female wolf with few black spots and tail tip.

mate's name: dustpelt-- is a dark cream and brown male wolf with black spots.

pups:

puppy 1: is a dark gray wolf pup ( unknown gender and puppy 1 got killed by a cowtoye).

night: is a very gray male wolf pup with darker paws,tail tip and head and he has black spots too. name after one of my friend's character, blackwarrior.

glissen: is a normal gray female wolf pup with darker spots. name after one of my friend's character, leaderofdreams.

dove: is a pale gray female wolf pup.
Awe thank you so much star! That means alot to me. ^^
Also, to not get off topic, I recently am attempting to raise all four pups and get them to the final journey destination for WQ Olympics, although, my pups are little escape artists. I can't travel 5 meters without one of them getting away! :O
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Tita
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Tita » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:42 am

Mine usually ended up dying lol. Nothing to really say about that...heh...
Go away, evil Mr. Scissors!

Solari
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Solari » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:55 am

Hehe, normally only one of my pups live. Sadly, it's the one I don't like that my mate is determined not to let go of XD I think I shall try to keep them all alive this time, I'll update you if I succeed :D ~
-----'-----.•*¨*`•.Ƨσℓαяι.•*¨*`•.
---------------▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
-'---'------'-Ƨмιℓε Σνεяч Mιиυтε
----------------Өf Ƭнε Dαч...
--------Yσυ Пενεя Kиσω Щнσ Mιgнт
---------Bε Fαℓℓιиg Iи Լσνε Щιтн ιт
---------------▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

---'---Siggie/Avatar©Me/Crystal <3

Tita
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Tita » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:56 pm

• I killed all my pups.

No...You didn't see anything...
Go away, evil Mr. Scissors!

PhantomLight471

Post by PhantomLight471 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Renaei and her mate, Kivaar, still have four pups.
Larkii:all white, like Kivaar. She is the smallest, even when the summer thing starts. SHe always seems to be near one of her littermates, usually Harlo.
Natalia: My favorite. She's brown-ish. She is generally a good pup.
Harlo: Harlo is the most adventurous of the group; he's also the biggest and the only male.
Rutha: Rutha doesn't seem to have much personality. She's hungry the most, though. Even though I feed her.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 pm

First time I played, I used the saddle meadows den, and that was kinda tough especially after a few weeks, of playing it, then when I got familiar with my area by playing multiplayer, well I always chose Aspen, considering it's the farthest and may seem the hardest to finish, but luckily I finished with all four pups and not one single hawk went after me, or followed, when they showed it at first yeah it came down, but while traveling that far, nothing like that happened.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:13 pm

I can't keep my pups alive, it's just not possible for me. xD

Ferana-the-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ferana-the-Wolf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:44 pm

I have started Slough Creek lately and I have four pups.

Me: Ferana (Fern) - a copper wolf
Mate: Coal - a black wolf

Howl - I think Male - a black pup.
Dusk - His twin brother.
Mint - my favourite. She's more into copper. I think she'll be a nice pup, but will remain small.
Sky - the mischievous pup, copper and black.

I'll edit this post when I'll have changes.

Ferana-the-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ferana-the-Wolf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:43 am

Tanaxinkka wrote:I just came across this discussion and noticed how everyone seems to have different colored pups.

My pups are also the same coloured :'( I wanted to restart the game, but went on. It's very hard to find the difference between them. Nobody is clear copper though my wolf is.

Shakaya
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shakaya » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Ok I love my puppies but I have tried everything but they are always dark brown, and if I get over 50,000 points one is white no matter what color me and my mate are any ideas?
also a funny thing somtimes the puppies glitch at our den and so me and my mate can go hunting without them walking off.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:23 am

Shakaya wrote:Ok I love my puppies but I have tried everything but they are always dark brown, and if I get over 50,000 points one is white no matter what color me and my mate are any ideas?
also a funny thing somtimes the puppies glitch at our den and so me and my mate can go hunting without them walking off.
Well basically what color are you and your mate? If they are a dark brown, like the multi-colored wolf brown and white, then surely your pups will be so genetically.
Even though you have tried your best, I didn't have much experiences for a white puppy, and yet Still had one, usually it happens for experienced points, or by ancestry, of recent wolves in the family.
Glitches could also be useful but then again, you don't want to be far from the den, if danger lurks near.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”