Crazy WQ Happenings!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Has something CRAZY happened to YOU???

Yes
34%
No
3%
Often
9%
Always
7%
Yes and I will share it!
29%
Yes and I will not share it
6%
No. How sad.
12%

Total votes: 730

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Re: Crazy WQ Happenings!

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:53 pm

RedRaptor96 wrote:I was in the mont looking for my mate then i went to the lake and when i went down the hill i air walked!!!
Since the update it's one of the most common glitches. So lol I'll agree it's a crazy for me too.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Bilozi
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Bilozi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:42 pm

I've joined recently and there's been multiple...
On one game, I was going North from the lone tree and I started air walking. I recognised that my air-walking was similar to the action of my wolf swimming so I'd say there was some sort of invisible river there.
The invisible river was also placed West of the Little Butte where I air walked whilst trying to get to Saddle meadows.
There was also the time where I was off to the oxbow and my screen kept freezing whenever I turned to the Oxbow's direction.
The craziest though was when I was going to Saddle meadows from the lone tree and suddenly I was dragged beneath the surface of the game and underground. My camera followed and it was so deep! I've been underground before but not that deep. I was walking beneath the map and everything was blue whilst it was raining. I had to leave the game because there was no way of getting out; it was like a pitfall trap!
I am naïve in my way of t h i n k i n g.

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 am

This has happened a few times before. My wolf enters the druid territory and the yellow scent trails lead right to the edge of the map. A druid wolf appears, either trotting or sprinting in place. My wolf approaches the stranger, and the druid says, "Who are you looking at?" while still running in place. I have to reload the game whenever that happens.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Flamesky wrote:This has happened a few times before. My wolf enters the druid territory and the yellow scent trails lead right to the edge of the map. A druid wolf appears, either trotting or sprinting in place. My wolf approaches the stranger, and the druid says, "Who are you looking at?" while still running in place. I have to reload the game whenever that happens.
Yeah, that's happened to me like a zillion times. It's really annoying when that happens!
Last edited by Windstrider on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

koolkatkoolkat123
Pup
Pup

Post by koolkatkoolkat123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:37 am

That drives me crazy especially since i prefer to get my mate from over there but whats annoying is it doesn't go all the way off the map, theres still a lot of space between the edge and the wolf

Oook just got into the Wolf Arena or whatever thats called and a bear walked past the screen, it was funny and scary at the same time

Dreamrunner2011
Pup
Pup

Post by Dreamrunner2011 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm

This happened quite a while ago, but I remember last summer I was playing single player in Amethyst Mountain and I fought the male druid. I had just killed it when its body sorta... started blowing up like a balloon. :shock:
Its stomach just started swelling until I exited the social arena... It's definitely the craziest thing that's happened to me by far.
Is an orange called an orange because it's orange?
Or is orange called orange because an orange is orange?

tuffpuppy
Pup
Pup

Post by tuffpuppy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 pm

koolkatkoolkat123 wrote:
Skydust wrote:
NorthanLights wrote:
Well When i first played Multiplayer [Yesterday] I noticed a 'Moon Walking Elk' Seeing it was my first time playing i ran up to it then my game crashed >.>. Other people probably get this also lol.
You're totally correct there! An entire elk herd walked about a full head above the wolf's ears, even the scent/foot trails 'moon walking'! Too bad I deleted the screenshot by accident :roll:

And this might not be considered too crazy, but I've been seeing quite a few more realistic pack rp games on MP lately!
Did this happen to you when you were near the lone tree because that place is glitch mania, drives me crazy when i'm roleplaying and suddenly i'm flying several feet in the air with no way to get down. Problem is when you're in that glitch your stamina goes down even though you're not running

I would love to suddenly start flying! Most of the rp for me is in the chat anyway.
When life gives you lemons make apple juice and let everyone wonder how on earth you did it...

SkulledOverBeauty
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SkulledOverBeauty » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:37 pm

I can never really go over to where Upland Meadows is on Slough Creek but then I morph into the ground and stay there!! I usually just play MP now but it gets so annoying when like, everyone is down there and I'm like.... Way over here like. "Hey guys. Yeah um. Douglas Fir Slopes is pretty cool, ya know."

Another time I was playing in Amethyst AND MY WOLF STARTED FLYING. It was trippy, like I was up in the ai soaring over everyone, and some others in my chat did the same thing and we were just flying wolves. It's funny every once in a while, but most of the time it gets pretty annoying.

Edit:
Dreamrunner2011 wrote:This happened quite a while ago, but I remember last summer I was playing single player in Amethyst Mountain and I fought the male druid. I had just killed it when its body sorta... started blowing up like a balloon. :shock:
Its stomach just started swelling until I exited the social arena... It's definitely the craziest thing that's happened to me by far.
That sounds TOTALLY creepy! Something like that has happened to me too, but it didn't start swelling or anything like that... And then you know how when you a kill a wolf and after you exit the social arena the body disappears? Well. Once it didn't and I left it then came back later on to find bear eating the body and I just sat there all traumatized...
Last edited by valkea on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding info from double post

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:21 am

Do not double post, SkulledOverBeauty. If you have something to add, edit your previous post instead.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

BlueGuitar
Pup
Pup

Post by BlueGuitar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:43 pm

This isn't exactly a glich, or something your elk/mate can do, it's soething you can do! I chill there ALL the time..

In Slough Creek (I mostly do this MultiPlayer, so I suggest you do so too), near the Aspen Heights Den, theres a big boulder. You can't miss it. So, you jump, and jump, eventually, your wolf can go inside it! My wolf chills inside the rock ALL day. But over time we have to find a carcass -_-. It's your own privet den, AND no animals (like coyotes) can bother you. Turn of your nametag using "n", and maybe you can ditch your mate... Happy WolfQuesting!
.....yσυ мαкε мε gℓσω
.............вυт ι cσvεя υρ, ωση’т ℓεт ιт sнσω
....................sσ ι’м ρυттιηg мy ∂εfεηsεs υρ
.....ιf ι εvεя ∂ι∂ тнαт, ι тнιηк ι'ℓℓ нαvε α нεαят αттαcк!

• .....ℓyяιcs || ∂εмι ℓσvαтσ
    ..........sιg || sαvσυy мυffιη

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:28 pm

My wolf usually either sinks underground or floats a few feet up in the air when I get near the lone tree area. Like koolkat said, it's total glitch mania there! In my opinion, it's one of the glitchiest places in Slough Creek.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

tuffpuppy
Pup
Pup

Post by tuffpuppy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:12 pm

Last week I was playing single player in Amethyst Mountain, hunting a bull elk with my mate. When I hunt, I sorta bite it once then let my mate do all the work (and dying) until the bull is almost dead, but this time when my mate died, he reappeared like he always does -- but then dropped dead again. :shock:
Then he reappeared and dropped dead again.
And again.
And again...

I actually had to restart my laptop because WolfQuest stopped responding after that.
When life gives you lemons make apple juice and let everyone wonder how on earth you did it...

lokifox
Pup
Pup

Post by lokifox » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Ok, has anybody seen what looks like a giant pill, or egg, or canister or...
Anyhow, it is white, and it happens to be floating in my den. It's the size of a wolf. It looks like an alien landed in Yellowstone! Creepy.
I've also seen mates that walk on water, ice bridges that appear so you can cross a river, and elk carcasses that float in the sky.

Sometimes I go earth swimming, ( That's when you swim through the ground ) and... Have you guys discovered the pair of shoes in Slough Creek?
They are funny.
Also, why does the calf in the ranch have udders?
Please answer, thanks. :D
Lokifox

Sithia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Sithia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:56 am

Crazy things always happen to me in WQ.
The craziest thing that ever happened to me would probably be where I found a carcass, and Bob the bear just appeared from nowhere. Then he dissapeared, reapearred and then all of a sudden I just died. It was weird... :shock:
Howl at the moon,
Salute it's light,
Follow your heart,
And the future shines bright...

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:41 pm

lokifox wrote:Ok, has anybody seen what looks like a giant pill, or egg, or canister or...
Anyhow, it is white, and it happens to be floating in my den. It's the size of a wolf. It looks like an alien landed in Yellowstone! Creepy.
I've also seen mates that walk on water, ice bridges that appear so you can cross a river, and elk carcasses that float in the sky.

Sometimes I go earth swimming, ( That's when you swim through the ground ) and... Have you guys discovered the pair of shoes in Slough Creek?
They are funny.
Also, why does the calf in the ranch have udders?
Please answer, thanks. :D
No. If you mean around your den (since you can't go inside your den), it could be your mate glitching, as they will often glith near the den, although I have not heard them glitch in the manner you described.

I do not remember what the calf model in WolfQuest looks like; I do not remember anything strange about it, but I'll double check.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”