Alittle help

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Marshmellow213
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lily

Alittle help

Post by Marshmellow213 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:41 pm

So I just downloaded and bought Wolfquest 3, and I even got the demo to see if it works on my laptop (It ran smoothly) and now I cannot ven get into the game without crashing. It says the frames per second is too low. SO I changed the setting and it still doesn't work. Super upsetting, even when I bought it for 15$

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Alittle help

Post by Neamara » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:22 am

⋆ Moved to Tips, Hints, and Help ⋆

Hi Marshmellow213,

Could you provide your system specifications? The demo you tried out was the 2.7 free trial; there is no free trial equivalent for the newer Anniversary Edition of the game, which has higher system requirements than the older releases. This is clearly stated on the Steam store page and the listing on Itch.io.

Spoiler
Show
2.7 System Requirements (Windows OS)

2.7 System Requirements (Mac OS)

Sourced from the WolfQuest 2.7 Steam store page.

AE System Requirements (Windows OS)

AE System Requirements (Mac OS)

Sourced from the WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition Steam store page, though you can also find the AE specs on this help center article.

Regardless of which edition you purchased, you should have received both of the premium games at no extra cost.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Marshmellow213
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lily

Post by Marshmellow213 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:15 pm

Yes. I checked the requirements just in case something like this happened, and I have a windows 10, which was in the recommended section. I have about 10 gybtes left, and it stays my memory is too low, yet I dont save anything into it. I also have the free Verison of Wolfquest on my phone, so if my Laptop doesnt work, is there anything possible that I could delete it on my laptop and get the newer Version for free on my phone? Because I paid for it on my computer and it isnt working?

It says that the FPS is too low. And it is super glitchy. When I go into the settings and change the frames, to fast instead of like beautiful or something, it doesnt change anything but the notification popping up. If I try to get into the game, it is just stuck on the loading screen and it shuts off a minute later saying it has stopped working.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:39 pm

Marshmellow213 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:15 pm
I have about 10 gybtes left, and it stays my memory is too low, yet I dont save anything into it.
That sounds like hard drive memory, not your laptop's RAM...?
Spoiler
Show
Open Windows File Explorer and right-click 'My Computer' on the left navigation pane, then click 'Properties'. System properties provides slightly more detail about your processor/CPU and installed RAM.

For more detailed information:
Use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool that comes preinstalled with Windows. Press the Windows key + R together simultaneously > type dxdiag > press OK/hit enter. 'System' tab covers the above and more. 'Display' tab covers GPU information if a dedicated graphics card is installed, otherwise it will only show your CPU/processor.
Marshmellow213 wrote:
It says that the FPS is too low. And it is super glitchy. When I go into the settings and change the frames, to fast instead of like beautiful or something, it doesnt change anything but the notification popping up. If I try to get into the game, it is just stuck on the loading screen and it shuts off a minute later saying it has stopped working.
Yep, this may be enough to suggest your hardware could be too old to run WQ:AE... although I should add that having Windows 10 is not a guarantee that your computer is compatible, whether that is the OS which came pre-installed or you upgraded from an older version of Windows. It all comes down to your machine's hardware. Eduweb has even put up this helpful article covering graphics card specifications.
Marshmellow213 wrote:
I also have the free Verison of Wolfquest on my phone, so if my Laptop doesnt work, is there anything possible that I could delete it on my laptop and get the newer Version for free on my phone? Because I paid for it on my computer and it isnt working?
As per the Getting the Game on Another Platform help center article, you can't freely transfer your 'license' between platforms. If you're sure you want to buy the game on mobile and if you're eligible to do so, you could request a refund from the storefront you purchased the game from.
Alternatively, you could enter the monthly giveaways hosted by the WolfQuest Team and win a free, full copy of the premium game. The April 2020 giveaway was posted today if you're interested.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit