Undertale

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Re: Undertale

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Semper Solus wrote: Yeaaaah, you don't wanna fight Undyne. She's one of the harder ones. xD
oh my goodness i know right? i watched a livestream (which is no longer on YT) and the person fighting Undyne died several times XD
Katserin Kynsi wrote:
"cute game"
"genocide run"
Still, hope you get the chance to play it at some point.

I've started the genocide run, got to Undyne and died... then realized I didn't save before the fight aaand now I have to do pretty much that whole area over again. I gave up at that point since it was already 4 AM and I'd probably spend a fairly long amount of time trying to get past Undyne. I'll just, deal with that later.
yeah, i said it was a cute game because i like pixelart and the characters are funny.

but.... i did have my laughs during the playthrough, not by the recorder, by the game itself. reason: the puns!

Sans puns are my favourite, actually (more like Sans and Papyrus puns LOL) because they made me laugh so hard XD

also, it sucks when you die and you forget to save, i hate re-doing things all over again >_> i wouldn't even make it to the end of the genocide run because [SPOILER, NOT SAYING IT]

but yeah, hopefully you're able to beat the genocide run anyway, Rin ^^
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-CatLover on Discord + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Semper Solus wrote:Yeaaaah, you don't wanna fight Undyne. She's one of the harder ones. xD
I do, actually. When I first ran through the game, her fight was my favorite. Muffet's was pretty fun too even though it took me forever to beat.
FlameRisen Daybreak wrote:also, it slurps when you die and you forget to save, i hate re-doing things all over again >_> i wouldn't even make it to the end of the genocide run because [SPOILER, NOT SAYING IT]

but yeah, hopefully you're able to beat the genocide run anyway, Rin ^^
I want to finish it because I want the save to be corrupted because of it, heh. I want to suffer in future runs. Plus with boss fights being more difficult, the challenge is nice.
Not really looking forward to the final one though. That's scary.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

ArisenFlames
Name: Ari, Flames, Flame

Post by ArisenFlames » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:48 am

Managed to make this Sans pixel icon just now, it fits the WQ avatar limit so why not right xD

I also finished Undertale in about 9 hours sobs where did my life go

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:24 pm

ArisenFlames wrote:Managed to make this Sans pixel icon just now, it fits the WQ avatar limit so why not right xD

I also finished Undertale in about 9 hours sobs where did my life go
I like that Sans.......

I actually found out that im pretty good at drawing Sans, better than my skill at drawing wolves (which took years to prefect btw) not to brag, wanted to point that out.

Once i find out my budget im going to calculate how much money i have left after i buy two more things, over 10 dollars then that's being used on Undertale :P (really determinded to play it)
|•——————)(——————•|
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)

ArisenFlames
Name: Ari, Flames, Flame

Post by ArisenFlames » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Haha yeah, Sans' character design is pretty simple, and there's not much anatomy to him except that he's symmetrical (as all humans are) so you pretty much just have to mirror image his face, the rest you can kind of fib. Wolves on the other hand have quite a complex anatomy. :>

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:34 pm

So finally finished watching the Genocide run on YouTube and the ending sucks... -.-"
Seriously I think the good ending is way better but you do find out some interesting things when playing the bad one. Also found out that the good one is meant to be played first then the bad one second. .3.
Sadly I haven't beaten the good one I started a while back... XD

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʙ

''You either run from things, or you face them, Mr. White.''
''And what exactly does that mean?''
''I learned it in rehab. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am.''
"And who are you?"
ϟ "I'm the bad guy." ϟ
- Jesse and Walter
Av/Sig © Jeames/Lupa

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:53 am

Okay sooo, I still need to play the game. I know, please bear with me. xD
I wanted to record it for YouTube, but then other games came in between because I wanted to have the time for Undertale. I'm first gonna finish this multiplayer game most likely and then play a game which I will hopefully finish in only a few parts. And then it's time for Undertale. >D
Because Undertale would take a lot longer to finish.
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:59 pm

I bought undertale today.

i only got up to Toriel's house. im liking the game so far.

im doing a pacifist run.
|•——————)(——————•|
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)

Jeames

Post by Jeames » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 am

Doing a pacifist run, too!
I started playing it yesterday, finally! Took a while to get the recording settings right and for my last save file to be deleted because I sort of made a character to try things out yet I had to start recording and I could not reset stuff, uuugh. But fixed it after a while and reorded two episodes for it so far. :'D
I really like it so far!
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Post by Writers Block » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:35 am

I finished the pacifist run and I loved it (I haven't figured out how to get into San's house, but I'll probably just watch a YT runthrough of that sometime) it's a great game, I love the characters and all of their dynamics and just-- it's a really good game. Alphys is probably my favorite, I have a thing for nerdy scientists and dinosaurs, so. (I know Alphys is more generic reptile than dinosaur but I can dream. :/)

I'm playing the genocide run but I'm currently stuck on Undyne the Undying's fight. I can get her to ~1/2 health before dying, which is pretty good imo haha. I have no clue how I'm gonna do the final boss though, geeze. (Fighting Papyrus was still harder than fighting Undyne, mentally if not physically.)

I like watching LPs but UT is the first game I've spent money on and played through to completion in almost four years, not counting SU's Attack the Light game which was relatively easy and only two dollars, haha. I enjoy putzing around on phone games but I was never really one to play games seriously. So I guess UT deserves kudos for getting me back into seriously playing video games again.
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

MexicoWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Emma

Post by MexicoWolf » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:18 pm

i've beaten undertale twice on pacifist, got to the final boss of genocide and reset midway through the fight because i didn't want what it would do to my save file, and i should finish this last pacifist run soon but i. am lazy.

fighting undyne the undying took me somewhere in the ballpark of 30 tries, honestly. i started at 10pm and the next thing it was 1am and my vision had gone all blurry from squinting at the arrows. not the most pleasant experience. asgore on the first playthrough took me about the same, though the second time i beat him on my first try. i always just delete the entire undertale folder where the ini is after my pacifist runs because i don't want flowey to guilt me, but i didn't after my aborted genocide try and the difference in people remembering you is pretty spectacular.
you may not believe, but even we were scared at first
it takes a lot of nerve to destroy this wondrous earth

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Haven't played it lately so I should try and get back into it soon since not much work and such. Though last time I played it took forever to beat Papyrus and I was stuck at fighting Undyne. e.o"

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʙ

''You either run from things, or you face them, Mr. White.''
''And what exactly does that mean?''
''I learned it in rehab. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am.''
"And who are you?"
ϟ "I'm the bad guy." ϟ
- Jesse and Walter
Av/Sig © Jeames/Lupa

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:22 pm

I only got past Papyrus yesterday... homework why must you hold me back from playing Undertale. IM A PERSON WITH STANDARDS AND I DO NOT LIKE IT ALL THAT MUCH

#referencesorrynotsorry

i might make an undertale stream tomorrow on my youtube channel.

im really liking undertale so far, yesterday i nearly howled with laughter (i can quietly laugh or laugh loudly) because i battled lesser dog, got past Pap's puzzles, etc.

the funniest moment i have experienced so far was when you go down to this door and on the way there Sans is like, standing there and you keep walking and when he gets off the screen he teleports in front of you, it was so funny XD he thinks we're following him.

i also really liked petting lesser dog, i was pretty much laughing at that as well x'DDDD

the only part i hated is that i died twice at greater dog... COME ON THAT ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE HARD. but i was stupid and i didn't have any food plus that darn spear attack he has >_>

MexicoWolf wrote:i've beaten undertale twice on pacifist, got to the final boss of genocide and reset midway through the fight because i didn't want what it would do to my save file, and i should finish this last pacifist run soon but i. am lazy.

fighting undyne the undying took me somewhere in the ballpark of 30 tries, honestly. i started at 10pm and the next thing it was 1am and my vision had gone all blurry from squinting at the arrows. not the most pleasant experience. asgore on the first playthrough took me about the same, though the second time i beat him on my first try. i always just delete the entire undertale folder where the ini is after my pacifist runs because i don't want flowey to guilt me, but i didn't after my aborted genocide try and the difference in people remembering you is pretty spectacular.
oh goodness Undyne looks really hard, i must agree, im really not looking forward to omega flowey, THAT is what i call something to scream your head off in complete fear over. Flowey himself just scares me... flowers with eyes and that can speak just.... gosh.
|•——————)(——————•|
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)

Jeames

Post by Jeames » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:31 pm

I started recording Undertale for YouTube but I ended up being sick for a few days and I still am, so I haven't really recorded and uploaded more than 1 part, oops... Hopefully I will feel better soon so I can get back to playing it for people.
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:27 pm

because of this game, I can't mention my love for spaghetti without people at school screaming "OMG PAPYRUS"

I mean I don't even play this game man

whatever it looks cute, but it TOOK OVER SPAGHETTI