Pokémon

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Do You Like Pok`emon?

LOVE it!
64%
I like it.
17%
Its okay...
11%
I absoloutly HATE it!
8%

Total votes: 952

Admiral Moonfire
Pup
Pup

Re: Pokémon

Post by Admiral Moonfire » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:10 am

I also have Let's Go Eevee, and I've been enjoying it.

It's basically Pokémon Yellow version, but... upgraded. I was worried it would be too easy, but's not really any easier or harder than past games. (I've been keeping my team a bit underleveled and it's decently challenging at times.) The catching system is different, and aiming/throwing is really finicky with the joycon, (In handheld mode it's much better.) but I really like not having to worry about keeping moves like false swipe and sleep powder around for the sole purpose of weakening wild Pokémon enough to capture. And the new box system is great! I normally just use a team of six, but since I can swap out my party whenever I want without going to a Pokémon center, I wound up with around two dozen Pokémon that I use regularly.

On the downside, there does not appear to be much to do once you beat the elite four, but there is a bit more than in the original Yellow. Master trainers, rematches against gym leaders, and a few small events here and there.
~•° °•~
"The future doesn't change. You change the future!" -Playmaker
°• . •°
Character and avatar © Me.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:32 am

I picked up Let's Go Pikachu!, myself. It's fun, it's cute, and it feels like a little bit of a laid back game despite lack of held items and battles being a tad challenging because of the battle system having a bit taken out of it. If you like Pokemon GO, however, it's probably something you'd enjoy. Or if you're a huge nostalgic fan..

The Pokeball Plus is pretty nice with GO, as well, as putting a Pokemon inside has them automatically spin stops for you and can (attempt to) catch nearby Pokemon with the press of a button. The Pokemon you put in gets EXP for it when returned to Let's Go.

I actually haven't finished Let's Go, though... I somewhat dropped it for other Switch titles.

I just want my next Pokemon gen Switch game, man.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 am

Riceboy wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:32 am
I just want my next Pokemon gen Switch game, man.
Honestly, as soon as I discovered you couldn't breed Pokémon, I was craving Generation 8 and lost almost all motivation to continue playing Let's Go.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:57 am

ForeverEverest wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 am
Honestly, as soon as I discovered you couldn't breed Pokémon, I was craving Generation 8 and lost almost all motivation to continue playing Let's Go.

Goodness I agree wholeheartedly. I knew it was generally a nicer-looking, GO-related Pokemon Yellow remake but my motivation to play has been 0 since so much of it was painfully watered down. I'd have much rather purchased the originally Yellow from the eShop. But at least I enjoy the Pokeball Plus... I guess. The game is amusing and cute but I just would rather play most other things right now.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

Zawki

Post by Zawki » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:56 pm

The first two generation 8 games have been revealed!

They have revealed the game names, starter Pokémon and the region. The release date, unsurprisingly, is "late 2019".

I am unusually hyped for these games, I think they have a lot of potential! It's nice to see gyms make a return, too.
┌────────────────┤├────────────────┐
When the sky is clear and day has turned to night,
the land is touched by a beautiful moonlight.
└────────────────────────────────────┘

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:38 pm

Zawki wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:56 pm
The first two generation 8 games have been revealed!

They have revealed the game names, starter Pokémon and the region. The release date, unsurprisingly, is "late 2019".

I am unusually hyped for these games, I think they have a lot of potential! It's nice to see gyms make a return, too.
I'm happy to see you hype about this game, haha! I'll be living vicariously through other people and online content; I never did end up finishing Sun and decided that that would be my "last" new Pokémon title, but that doesn't change the fact for me I enjoy seeing what they come up with.

My first impression of the starters was that they weirdly look like hybrids of already-existent Pokémon, but I like them. The little grass monkey and the sadpole are particularly endearing to me (sorry, bunny -- never been a fan of more "anthro" looking mons).

The graphics are looking especially beautiful. Seeing all that makes me feel like that nostalgic "technology is amazing!" guy in the starting town of every game. How far the games have come!

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:27 pm

I am SO pumped for this new gen. My gut's telling me that they learned what didn't work well in Sun/Moon and are gonna apply that here. Or at least, I'm really, really hoping that that's gonna be the case. The game looks beautiful and Sobble is my life and I'm just... really excited for it. Only disappointing bit so far is that they didn't show any Pokemon following the trainer, even though we know from Let's Go that the Switch is 100% capable of handling that. Who knows, there's still time.

Zawki

Post by Zawki » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:01 am

Sambhur wrote: I am SO pumped for this new gen. My gut's telling me that they learned what didn't work well in Sun/Moon and are gonna apply that here. Or at least, I'm really, really hoping that that's gonna be the case.
This is pretty much how I feel about generation 8. I was expecting the trials to be a one-off anyway, but finally seeing the gyms gave me that extra bit of hope the new games would be very different to the Sun and Moon games.

I wonder if they'll add customisable trainers this time. I am also interested to see what the starter evolutions look like, but I'm not sure if they will be revealed any time soon.
Last edited by Zawki on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
┌────────────────┤├────────────────┐
When the sky is clear and day has turned to night,
the land is touched by a beautiful moonlight.
└────────────────────────────────────┘

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:10 pm

The internet is stinking out over the water starter! sadboi hours whos upp

I usually go with the fire type, and I do like this bunny. Will it become another fire-fighting, I wonder. The monkey is my second favourite, only because I am partial to the Chimchar-Monferno-Infernape line from Diamond and Pearl, which was the last game I owned and played.

Can't wait to see the rest of the Pokemon!
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:00 pm

This is one of those games that’s really pushing me to buy a Switch. It looks promising so far! My friend and I were discussing the logos, and the seemingly European/UK themed region. We’re hoping that those wolves on the logos hint at some cool new wolf-legendaries.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:35 am

I sometimes play pokemon go on my dads phone.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 pm

What do you guys think of the new Pokes?

Looks like the Legendaries are woofs!

Drednaw is cool. Corvinight looks cool, but the name and the look remind me of Meta Night!
DaniBeez
___Avatar by Sambhur

starbeam
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Rune

Post by starbeam » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:39 am

I'm in love with the new pokemon, as usual. Some of my favorites though have to be Falinks, Frosmoth, and Raboot

also the way how they incorporated howls into Zacian & Zamazenta's theme was really cool imo. the first time I heard the howls in the fog - at the beginning of the game - I lost it, I was so stoked
"...with a heart of gold and eyes that shine amber ran a she-wolf who thought she could run forever..."

retired from the user writings section of this forum (2010-2012). occasionally on now for the nostalgia

Admiral Moonfire
Pup
Pup

Post by Admiral Moonfire » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:33 am

I like quite a few of the new Pokémon. Cramorant, Flapple, and Inteleon especially. Cramorant made me laugh way too hard when I found out what happens with its ability when at low health. Flapple is adorable. Inteleon I wasn't sure of at first, but it grew on me. Then I wound up using one online as part of a doubles rain team. It partners well with my Heliolisk. <3
~•° °•~
"The future doesn't change. You change the future!" -Playmaker
°• . •°
Character and avatar © Me.

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:37 pm

A couple nights ago, I decided to do a new MD campaign (Red Rescue Team). But my DS Lite shut off twice spontaneously. I think either the game cartridge itself was coming loose in the bottom slot, or my hand was jiggling the power switch. Either way, I gave up!
DaniBeez
___Avatar by Sambhur