Pokémon

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Do You Like Pok`emon?

LOVE it!
64%
I like it.
17%
Its okay...
11%
I absoloutly HATE it!
8%

Total votes: 952

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Re: Pokémon

Post by Riceboy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:03 am

That looks more like chest fluff than a six pack to me. I never thought of it that way... Haha.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Oh man. Buff bird. Can't unsee it now, either. What have you done!? ∑(゚ロ゚〃)

The closer I get to getting this game, the more sick I feel because I'm just so excited. Excited anxiety pls.

I guess I'll just keep drawing stuff.

If you guys could choose a Pokemon to get an Alolan form that hasn't yet, which would you choose?
i am ossan

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:03 pm

I'd choose Lapras. Even though that's not my favourite Gen 1 pokemon, I think it would suit the region quite nicely especially if you put a mini volcano thing on its back. Then it can be the first of its type combination: water/fire.

I feel like I've said this before, haha.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:48 pm

Hate to break it to you, but there's already a Fire/Water type in X/Y and ORAS X that stole that title. :(

I would love to see a water-based Arcanine seeing that there's an ice-based Ninetales. Or an ice Arcanine. Personally I think I'd choose Dragonite or Gyarados, since those were some of my favorites in the older games. And I think they'd make fantastic Alolan forms.

Speaking of those two, though... I ended up SOMEHOW getting both of them in Pokemon Red... I was too stubborn not to. No EXP. Shares... It makes me really appreciate that key item. :'|
i am ossan

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Riceboy wrote:Hate to break it to you, but there's already a Fire/Water type in X/Y and ORAS X that stole that title. :(

I would love to see a water-based Arcanine seeing that there's an ice-based Ninetales. Or an ice Arcanine. Personally I think I'd choose Dragonite or Gyarados, since those were some of my favorites in the older games. And I think they'd make fantastic Alolan forms.

Speaking of those two, though... I ended up SOMEHOW getting both of them in Pokemon Red... I was too stubborn not to. No EXP. Shares... It makes me really appreciate that key item. :'|
Oh. Forgot about him. He's a legendary though, so it doesn't really count. :P

I'd like to see an Alolan Ekans line, I think that would be pretty neat.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Fair enough!

Oooo and Alolan Arbok would be really cool, too. Different designs. I love it.
i am ossan

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:13 am

I've been really curious about whether they'd put in an Alolan Tropius -- it seems like Tropius would have thrived in that region, but I do understand they went with different Pokémon.

I'd love Alolan Seel/Dewgong too... I have a massive soft spot for Seel.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:22 pm

That would be cute! Though I think it's interesting that Popplio and Seel are probably related, like how all the electric mouse Pokemon are or all the bird Pokemon come from Archen. It would be neat to see what type they'd give Seel/Dewgong. Imagine a rock type one! Or something along that... Or little monk seals. <3

I wonder what it is about Alola that makes the Pokemon change form, too. Because there have been many older-generation Pokemon in the past games. Lore-wise, does it have to do with the ultra-beasts? Or something of the like? Or perhaps something similar to the power the Totem Pokemon get?
i am ossan

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:17 pm

I wonder if they'll talk about it in the game... Or if you're studying it at all like with Mega Evolution...

ALSO this person datamined stats AND moves for Pokemon in the game. However, I'm just going to post the video for the STARTER stats and moves. If you consider knowing the STARTER POKEMON FOR ALOLA'S stats, moves, TMs, Egg Moves, and Hidden Abilities, do not click the following link: x If you want to see the other videos, check out his other videos. But he has a lot of spoilers and datamined info in there.
i am ossan

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Riceboy wrote:That would be cute! Though I think it's interesting that Popplio and Seel are probably related, like how all the electric mouse Pokemon are or all the bird Pokemon come from Archen. It would be neat to see what type they'd give Seel/Dewgong. Imagine a rock type one! Or something along that... Or little monk seals. <3
Heheheh yes, I was thinking of a monk seal-like form with ground type, or something... You also inspired me to look up artwork of the seal Pokémon, and they're just so adorable... x x

I saw those datamine videos in my recommended feed! That person certainly has been busy. I don't really care enough about the more technical stuff to watch them, but I can't help but be reminded that we're getting pretty close to release now. :))

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Like usual I'll put my other spoiler stuff under the spoiler tag--but man--we're so close. I don't even know what to do for this time as I wait... UGH. It's driving me nuts.
Spoiler
Show
Man... This gen's starters have the worst speed out of any I've seen. I'm talking specifically from a competitive battler's eyes when I say this: their base stats are atrocious! Torracat is FASTER than Inceniroar and I find that really funny... Like they know people are going to keep them as a Torracat. But either way, Primarina isn't that bad. But ouch--their stats have to be worst than Gen2's starters.

THAT out of my system... I LOVE their movepools. Litten can learn LEECH LIFE? And their Hidden Abilities are super cool and fitting.
HUGE WARNING AAAAA
Okay so, I would NOT look up anything Pokemon related until the game comes out. In fact, I'm just shelfing tumblr all together for now. There are MAJOR story spoilers going around EVERYWHERE--and I just had the entire game's story ruined for me. PLEASE be careful out there. A lot of people are not tagging anything and just posting willy nilly.
i am ossan

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:33 am

Riceboy wrote:Like usual I'll put my other spoiler stuff under the spoiler tag--but man--we're so close. I don't even know what to do for this time as I wait... UGH. It's driving me nuts.
Spoiler
Show
Man... This gen's starters have the worst speed out of any I've seen. I'm talking specifically from a competitive battler's eyes when I say this: their base stats are atrocious! Torracat is FASTER than Inceniroar and I find that really funny... Like they know people are going to keep them as a Torracat. But either way, Primarina isn't that bad. But ouch--their stats have to be worst than Gen2's starters.

THAT out of my system... I LOVE their movepools. Litten can learn LEECH LIFE? And their Hidden Abilities are super cool and fitting.
HUGE WARNING AAAAA
Okay so, I would NOT look up anything Pokemon related until the game comes out. In fact, I'm just shelfing tumblr all together for now. There are MAJOR story spoilers going around EVERYWHERE--and I just had the entire game's story ruined for me. PLEASE be careful out there. A lot of people are not tagging anything and just posting willy nilly.
Thanks for the warning, and I'm sorry you got spoiled. It sucks - I had the entire Fallout 4 plot spoiled for me, and that kind of made me stop playing: part of the reason why I play (nowadays) is for the plot.

But I can't wait! 8 more days! I wonder if my pre-order will arrive on the day, or a few days afterwards?

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:44 am

Yeah... I'm still excited but... Man. That would have been cool to find out when I actually played the game, y'know?

Depends on where you got it, I believe. My friend pre-ordered it from Amazon and I think it's coming in 2 days later.

x New video of exclusive starter Z-Moves and 2 new Ultra Beasts.
i am ossan

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:20 am

That new video is killing me. It all looks so good... I love the Z-moves of the starters, and have to admit that Incineroar has really grown on me despite the fact I still don't really like how it evolves from Torracat. That wrestling ring is hilarious, though.

The last few snapshots of footage got me really excited. I just want to catch all of the new adorable Pokémon. I feel like I might just end up hoarding Stufful. In any case, we're not getting the game here until the 23rd.
Riceboy wrote:I just had the entire game's story ruined for me.
I'm so sorry to hear that! That's awful... I hope the game's enjoyment value will make up for it!

obligatory preview of me soon

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Good news! Apparently those found with illegal copies of Sun/Moon (pretty much all the jerks that have been playing it early) will pretty much have their systems bricked! Their entire 3DS will no longer work on Wifi. Pokefan International, a YouTube channel basically putting spoilers in video thumbnails and uploading videos of the entire storyline (also who kind of spoiled a lot for me) has been shut down. There are apparently a lot of people defending these people--but seriously? Illegal versions of the game WAY before the release... They're stealing a LOT of money from Nintendo.

--

Ah, sankyu! I'm very excited still, and plan on going to the midnight release with my little sister! (Shh don't tell mom.)

Me soon: covered in cats, owls, lizards, and harassing Gladion.
i am ossan